Chapter 1: Piano Man

Then trust me when I say... it's okay for you to announce who you truly are. Don't hide it from her anymore. It's time, Leo. She deserves to be aware that her son is in front of her. Don't let her be in pain anymore about someone who doesn't even exist." Leo thought about it cautiously and weighing his options whether to do so or not. Much like his mother with a case. What was he going to choose? Should he announce his identity to her? Or should keep living as George Damper and disregard Lucifer's advice. "What's your verdict, Leo?" Lucifer asked anxiously.

"Um..." Leo paused a little too long for Lucifer's liking and thinking he'd not reveal himself to his mother. "Yeah. Okay. I'll do it. I'll tell her." He decided after what felt like an eternity for his already anxious father who looked relieved by his choice as if he had made the right one and evaded a death trial.

"You will? Oh, Leo, that's fantastic! Come on. Let's go and tell her the good news. Her son has returned home." Lucifer hugged his son tightly Leo returns the gesture and felt tears in his eyes. He'd been putting off his emotions and masking them for as long as he could remember but now that he has this raw moment with his biological father, he can feel like he can let his guard down. His dad pulls away from the hug and wipes his tears the way he had to Chloe before he left for Hell. "Now, now, my dear son, what's the tears for? Hm?" He asks before kissing his son's forehead in a fatherly manner as he had done for the last 10 years to both Trixie, his (step) daughter and other biological son, Ian

"Just... I don't want her to reject me for staying away for so long. For not recognising as my family. For not figuring it out sooner! For letting you guys down." Leo was going to go into a tirade of emotions and verbalisation when his dad calmed him down by putting out a 'whoa calm down. You're going to hurt yourself.' gesture.

"Honey, she will not reject you. The least she will most likely do is cry with happy tears for your return and probably think it's some form of miracle from your grand-Father no doubt. Also? You haven't let anyone down you mustn't blame yourself for what happened. We all didn't know what would happen." Leo had to accept that it wasn't his fault at all for the kidnapping.

"I think I'm ready to meet Mom now. As Leo Morningstar." Leo said shyly.

"Whatever did happen to George Damper?" Lucifer joked.

"I don't know I think he died."

"Such a shame, really." Lucifer and Leo looked at each other forlorn for a moment before bursting into laughter at how ridiculous that was of feigning their mourn over someone who doesn't exist. "Come on. Everyone is waiting for our return." Leo nods as his father ushers him away from the corner and rejoins the rest of their remaining family. Chloe noticed them first, perceptive as always, and smiles at the ten-year-old. Leo realised she was looking a little bit sober now. She looks at her husband in question, who nods at her in silent confirmation and everything they talked about last night came rushing back to her. She abandons her second drink. A wine this time. She rushes over to Leo and hugs him tightly almost like she knew who he was before he could even declare it.

"Um... Mrs Morningstar? I've got something to tell you. I'm actually-"Leo tried again but was soon enough cut off by his mother.

"I know, honey. Oh, Leo, I missed you so much. You have no idea. Also... no more calling me by my surname okay? 'Mom' is just fine." Chloe sniffed feeling very emotional about the situation. "I mean I know you are your father's child but not yet okay? Maybe when you're older and I'll let you do it to other people." Lucifer chuckled at that.