Fate

Coraline Alice Dalton was born to a family that was bound to tragedy, to death and destruction and to pain and hurt.

A family bound to the father dying when she was only five, as he was made an example to all the other hostages at the bank.

Amelia Blanchet started crying.

A family bound to the first daughter drowning when she was seven, at a beach, only to be found one week later.

Amelia Blanchet stopped feeling.

A family bound to the one light in their life, their one saving grace, to lose all memories of her family when Coraline was 10.

Amelia Blanchet couldn't put down the whiskey.

A family bound to the daughter learning how to stitch wounds and hide bruises when she was eleven.

Amelia Blanchet started to get cocky.

A family bound to the second (and only) daughter getting a job when she was only twelve.

Amelia Blanchet started to get confident.

A family bound to the mother's broken promises and her trail of scars.

Amelia Blanchet got too confident.

A family bound to the daughter's pain and suffering, all to protect herself and her brother.

Benjamin Leo Blanchet cried.

A family bound to the mother's six year sentencing.

Coraline Alice Dalton silently looked at her new house.

A family bound to tragedy, to pain and to sadness.

"Welcome to the neighbourhood," She whispered to herself. 

A family bound to fate.