~ Un(convention)al Love ~

Fandoms: Crash Bandicoot, Dragon Ball

Ship: Dr. Neo Cortex x Dr. Lychee (ironic)

Requested by: ManchurianReject

I literally know nothing about Dragon Ball but my boyfriend, who got locked out of his Wattpad (and isn't the requester, by the way), does, so I wanna thank him for that.

Also in terms of the heavily biased Crash content, this is in between the opening and one of the earlier cutscenes in It's About Time.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Grant me some clarification here: we spend two decades trapped in the hell dimension, finally escape with blood on our hands, but as soon as we step foot onto our home dimension, we attend a... what is this?" a blue-skinned man rebuked as his driver pulled into a crowded parking lot.

The driver in question rolled his eyes and put the car in park. "A convention, N. Tropy. Weren't you paying attention when I told you about it?"

"Bold of you to believe I'd listen to you."

"Well, guess what? If you did, you wouldn't even be roped into this! You could be balls-deep into your rift generator project right now if you had said something," the driver taunted.

N. Tropy scoffed. "Well, Cortex, at least I'm not dressed like a Muppet!"

Cortex gasped, offended. "A Muppet?! Do you not know who I'm supposed to be?! I'm cosplaying international superstar Hatsune Miku! I spent hundreds on the finest cosplay I could find for my idol, and you call me a Muppet. Unbelievable."

N. Tropy muttered something, but Cortex refused to listen to him. "I have to make sure I have the necessities on my person. Can you check the trunk for me?"

"Fine." Tropy sighed dramatically as he opened the door and stepped out of the car. He reluctantly opened the trunk.

And then he gasped.

There, bound and gagged, was a ginger-haired cyborg. The moment he made eye contact with N. Tropy, his eyes lit up.

Tropy, on the other hand, was in absolute shock. "N. Gin? What are you doing here?" He ripped the duct tape off the cyborg's mouth.

N. Gin winced in pain, but then softly moaned from the sensation. "After I found out you both returned from the hell dimension, I wanted to tell you everything! I have plans of my own! I can help you with yours! We can have a comeback greater than Rihanna did in 2007! I miss 2007 so damn much, N. Tropy, why can't we just go back to it?!"

"...When was the last time you ate?" Tropy asked, unsure of what else to say.

"I don't know. When was I put in here, Doctor Cortex?"

Neo Cortex, who was now standing next to Nefarious Tropy, shrugged. "I think a few days. I don't know, and, personally, I don't care."

"But I'm so hungry," N. Gin protested.

"That'll teach you for trying to hijack yet another fanfiction that you aren't even the main character of." Cortex crossed his arms. "Honestly, if you weren't doing it right now, I'd give you cash and let you splurge on a... a rotisserie chicken, or something. But alas, we're in the middle of something important, and I hear the heat wave is hitting hard today. Good luck~"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN 'FANFIC-'" N. Gin screamed hoarsely as Cortex lowered the car's hood before slamming it shut. Neo locked the car.

As shitty of a person as he was, N. Tropy looked at Cortex in disgust. He had somewhat of a moral code left in him, and still struggled to process what had happened.