chapter one. where we left off

no ones pov

sam was saved, and peace restored to shadysiders and those who suffered a more permanent.. problem. they can rest in peace now. as sam and deena kissed in broad daylight, just as sarah and hannah had promised each other . people knew the truth, some didn't believe it. sunnyvale was no longer the bigger, better side., it was equal. sam and deena sooner started helping out. causing fund raisers, getting involved in helping to make shadyside better, planning funerals, sadly. everything was great. too great.

at 2003, 9 years later, sam and deena were 25 years old each, and both moved out of shadyside. what was once "killer capital", is a now peaceful, delicate town. a great place to grow up. sam and deena had always dreamt of becoming a family. they adopted kate at 24 years old. they named kate after their dear friend that sacrificed herself, saving sam, and deena.. sam and deena moved to manhattan, living in an average sized house with their daughter. deenas brother josh stayed in shadyside. he was still mourning the death of kate, whom he loved very much. the goode family was now forgotten, often people would like to mock about the curse, but usually the people give thanks to deena, sam, josh and, rest in peace, simon and kate. they were all like the town heroes. now, let's get back to deena and sam..

"hey, deena?" sam asked while cooking pancakes "yes love?" deena yelled from the living room, busy watching football games with kate and emma. Kate was a teenager, she had black hair and the most beguiling eyes. Kate was named after the woman who saved deena and sams' lives while sacrificing her own. Kate was a kind hearted soul who just wants to be proven that she is not the new kate schmidt, but rather her own version of, well, her. kate could often come off as, how do i put this in a more gentle way.. straight up? she was adopted when she was 14.

emma is 3 years old, she's blonde, just like sam and has blue eyes. of course, kate and emma are adopted, but that never meant they were cared for any less than. emma's personality is still coming along, with who she wants to be. but, i'd say emma was more like a sunnyvaler than shadysider. emma enjoys watching football and motorcycle ride races, on the other hand, kate already has one! took a lot of begging, though! see, sam and deena aren't the strictest parents out there, they were rather more of wanting their kids figure out who they want to be, but for the record, sam is definitely the more stricter parent!

"could you come help me with the cooking? oh, and kids, come to the dinner table, i'm almost done!" sam said, as she started humming right after. "alright alright.." deena reached for the remote sitting on the glass table decorated with magazines and emptied up coffee cups. she closed the tv and put her feet down from the resting table. deena carried emma, as kate raced to the dinner table. kate always loved eating with her family, because her moms would tell stories about shadyside and sunnyvale, and the rivalry.

deena placed emma on the baby chair, as she went from behind, wrapping her arms around sams stomach "you almost done?" deena smiled, "yea, i'm done" sam smiled back. those two haven't seemed to aged a day! they were still in contact with ziggy and the others, which is great news, they both had to move away because they felt like they had a better chance at life in somewhere new. they should've never went back..

sam placed the plates down "that's looks great mom!" kate said, getting hungry as she looked over to her other mother, deena's dish "and um.. great.. pancakes.." kate said unconvincingly "you still can't bake pancakes can you?" sam chuckled "hey! i'm doing the best I can!" deena joked, as she put one hand on the side of sams cheek as they kissed "ew were right here" kate rolled her eyes, as she started to eat her food, sipping the soup "eww!!" emma copied kate, those two were two peas in a pod. deena laughed, sitting down as sam did too. "so, moms, can you tell us another story about sunnyvale this time?" kate looked over to sam, since sam had actually been in sunnyvale. "sure honey!" sam said with a spoonful of food in her mouth. she chewed it and quickly drank some water as she cleared her throat. "so um i moved to sunnyvale with my mom-" sam drank some more water "i don't know if you guys knew this but my mother had me when she was really young!.. it was actually like a few couple.. uh months or years after that camp nightwing incident." kate was already familiar with the camp nightwing story, it's been talked about loads of times.

as sam and kate talked, deena fed emma until the phone rang. "ill get it" kate said as she stood up to go pick the phone up "oh, hey uncle josh! and ziggy" kate was excited to talk to the two, since she didn't get to see them much and from the stories she's heard, they sounded pretty cool. "moms it's for you" kate said "oh yea we're fine uncle josh" she quickly finished up as she handed the phone to deena "hey ziggy, hey josh. what's up?" deena asked, curious but sure they were just calling for check ups. "deena?.. you need to come to shadyside. fast.." josh gulped "wait what?" deena was beyond confused. "love, what's going on?" sam got worried by the tone of deenas voice. deena looked over to sam and gave her a signal to hold on for a second.

"okay.. we need to get to shadyside fast." deena hung up, looking at sam, kate, and emma. sam and kate looked at each other in worry. oh shit.

ahhh! so sorry it's so short!! i'll try to write more in the future, i was really rushed because i wanted this to get out extra early so you guys can see what's it's all about!! check out my other story we were heroes (UNFINISHED) i think you'll love it!