Chapter 5

The next few days went by quickly and I realized how nervous I was for classes to start. Stella and I soon learned that living together was going to take work and consideration. We had been getting along so well that we never thought the actual living part might not be so easy. For instance I learned that she doesn't clean her dishes until she absolutely has to. She learned that I tend to throw all my stuff in the living room instead of my room. We laughed through it but decided we should make a list of rules to help us be more responsible.
Number 2, 5 and 6 were rules I made about her. #2 wash your dishes after use or soak them and do them the same day. #5 no music before 10am, then she can blast it! And #6 no using up the hot water. That girl loved her hot showers and twice it had ran cold on me mid wash.
A few were basic common decency like ask the other if they want take out too. Don't touch roommate's stuff without asking. Things that we probably would do anyway but we wanted it on paper. Number 4 though made me laugh out loud.

"If we have a boy over move the bedroom stuff to the actual bedroom before...ya know."

Bedroom stuff?? Yeah that wouldn't be happening from me. Despite the fact that I was still a virgin, I doubted I'd meet anyone I'd want to do that with, anytime soon. If Stella noticed my hesitancy she didn't say anything.

On another note I was almost ready for class and only had to visit the library to check out a few books I would need. The campus library looked like something out of a futuristic movie. The building was massive with windows that reached from the top all the way to the bottom. It almost looked like it was a floating mirrored box. A pattern clung to the windows that reminded me of a zebra.
Inside was an architectural dream! A massive white staircase wound up the middle of the building. It didn't make a perfect circle tho but an oddly shaped one. The stairs were continuous leading off to each section of books.
I had my list and began my way upwards slowly checking off books as I went. An hour later I was back at the front with a pile of books and ringing a bell.

"Hullo, how can I help you?"

"Hamish?" I could just see his curly brown hair over my books, I had a lot of them.

"Well hello there!" He seemed happy to see me.

I was starting to think he had a little crush on me. His face lit up when I was around and I'd caught him staring at me a few times. But what did I know about boy's? I'd never even had a boyfriend. Maybe he was just being nice, trying to make me feel welcome.

"What can I help you with today Madam?" He asked with a little bow making me chuckle.

"Well I'd like a library card please." I tried my hand at a British accent and failed.

He laughed before saying.

"Please don't let Gavin hear you use that accent."

I laughed and we chatted while I filled out my info for a library card. I found out that Hamish was leaving the library to work at a local photographer studio.

"Wait does that mean there is a job available here?" I couldn't hold my excitement back, I'd love to work here!

"Yeah, why you interested?"

"Absolutely!"

"Well fill out this application and I'll get my boss, don't worry I'll vouch for you and I'm sure you'll get the job."

I filled out the app while he went to grab his boss. What good luck! And twenty minutes later I was sitting in Betty's office laughing and talking about the job! Hamish was right she offered me the job before I left and I started the week school did. She was going to work around my classes and I had evening's off. Working a midshift most of the week, early sat morning and off every Sunday. That's because the library closed at noon so Betty worked that shift.