Chapter 7-Mosby Park

Marriot Hotel 10:15 p.m.

              David stepped into the front doors of the hotel. He walked around the hotel as he made his way to the Anger Management class conference room. Outside the door, sitting in a chair, was Cassie. She was dressed in a gray Pink Floyd t-shirt, light blue ripped jeans, sneakers and a black jacket. David smiled lightly and walked up to her.

“How did I know you would be here?” He asked.

“I guess this is the meeting place for when you make plans with someone, but forget to give them your number” Cassie said, looking up at David.

“I guess so” David said.

“Sorry I kind of dashed and forgot” Cassie said standing up.

“It’s okay, sorry I’m late” David said.

“It’s okay” Cassie replied.

“So, my car or yours?” David asked.

“Either, or” Cassie shrugged.

“You trust riding with me?” David asked.

“I don’t know, you trust riding with me?” Cassie asked.

“How do you know I’m not a serial killer preying on the weak?” David grinned.

“First of all your clothes are too noticeable, and you’re meeting me in a very public, crowded place, if you are, you suck at it. Plus I’m not weak, I took Kung Fu and gymnastics for several years, so I’m pretty sure I can take you” Cassie informed.

“Why are you like this?” David chuckled.

“Whatever, we’re taking my car” Cassie smirked, as she began walking.

David followed close behind.

They walked out of the hotel and into the front parking lot.

“So, how do I know you’re not trying to take me, or take advantage of me?” David asked, as he followed her, his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

“I’m not” Cassie said.

“Yea, but how would I know that, men get kidnapped and raped these days just as much as women do” David said, catching up to her, and walking backwards in front of her.

Cassie stopped and looked at him.

“Because what would I have to gain doing anything to or with you. The way you dress shows you’re around lower middle class, so you or your family have little to no money, or face time. It would be a waste, you’re a nobody” Cassie explained, and began walking again. She walked past him.

“Wow, ouch, fuck” David said in shock and hurt.

He turned and started following her once more.

“Have you always been this bitter?” He asked.

“I’m not bitter” Cassie said, as they reached her two thousand and seventeen Lexus.

“You seem just a little bit bitter” David said, going around to the passenger side.

“Look, is it going to be like this all night, because you’re starting to make me regret that I asked you to hang out?” Cassie frowned.

       David raised his hands in defeat. He closed his mouth and pretended to lock his lips with a key. He then pretended to throw the key up, and whack it with a baseball bat. He turned and looked back at Cassie, who snickered a little before getting in the car. She unlocked the passenger side and David climbed in. He shut the door and put his seatbelt on just as she crank up the car.