• | As Time Flies | •

A tenuous curtain hanging across the window that hinders the sunlight from coming inside the room, letting darkness to take over the place

A tenuous curtain hanging across the window that hinders the sunlight from coming inside the room, letting darkness to take over the place. You woke up at late morning, squeezing your eyes to adjust your vision. You slightly tilted your head up to look around with your right arm leaning against the bed to support your weight. You laid back when your head suddenly aching again, you couldn't rise up yet at that point, you still feel dizzy after drinking too much alcohol.

You attended the after party of Michi and Hina's wedding at the hotel. Only close friends were invited, that includes you. You don't exactly remember how did you got home last night. You stare at the ceiling with a blank expression plastered, your thoughts were clouded again. You rested your forearm on top of your head. His image suddenly flashed on your mind, his smiling face, his thick yet long black hair, his mesmerizing bronze pair. You even heard his chuckle from nowhere like he was just there next to you.

You instantly shook that thought off your head before you lazily got off from your bed, you went to the kitchen area to get yourself a glass of cold water from the fridge. You took a quick shower then got dressed right away. You slid off your key before shoving it inside your slingbag, leaving your apartment. You made a stop at the flower shop to pick up the flowers you ordered before you directly went to the cemetery.

The sky is clear blue that day along with its warm weather. As you walked down the graveyard, you inhaled the healthy smells of the nature around you. When you finally arrived to your destination, you instantly bowed. Lighting up a thin stick, you sat down infront of Baji's family grave and placed a bouquet of fresh white and red roses.

"I'm here again," you begun. "I like the weather today, how lucky." You told, you pinned some short strands to the back of your ear to prevent it from covering your eye. "Yesterday, Takemichi just got married. Ofcourse everyone attended his special day, that include Mikey." You uttered. "You know, everyone's doing fine, they all got to live such happy lives," the idea of him not being able to witness all of that, just hurt your wounded heart. "How's Draken and Emma in there? Tell her I missed her so much, did she already confess to Draken?" you chuckled, trying to hide your sorrow.

No matter how you look at it, you doesn't seem to be a fine person to anyone. Your eyes scream sadness, you barely made yourself smile, you looks like you don't have a single reason to continue living this cruel yet beautiful life. You certainly don't have anything that keeps you going, yet you still manage to move forward even when you're mentally stuck in the past.

You stare at his headstone. "How I wish the three of you were here to attend Michi's wedding, it would surely be more fun, right?" You still forced a smile, but your eyes starting to heat. "Hey, I'm turning 27 next month. Come to think of it, I never had a boyfriend in my entire life," you laughed by your own thought, gettiing old didn't really bother you that much. "You were right afterall, no one can stand me," you look down on your lap. "So, how did you managed? Or maybe you just don't have a choice?" You asked him, even though you're aware that he couldn't respond to it.