ii.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna pointed out as she and Emily gave Elijah a tour of the town.

"Ahh, the Fells, one of the Founding Families." Elijah laughed.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna questioned. 

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. " Elijah explained.

"It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." he continued.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Emily asked intrigued.

"Which means the ever lauded founding families didn't actually found anything." Elijah confirmed.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna spoke with spite.

"Yes, they are." Elijah spoke as the girls looked up to see Alaric Saltzman.

"Uh, Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduced.

"Yeah, I uh, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along, you know being a history buff and all." Alaric shrugged as though he was innocent.

"Where to next?" he questioned as Jenna and Emily shared a look.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American History." Elijah spoke to Alaric.

"Well, I only brought the surveys, I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec." Jenna spoke as she pulled Emily discreetly with her.

"There's something deeply wrong with men." Emily rolled her eyes as the pair took a trip back to the car.

"You're telling me." Jenna laughed.

-

Emily had split from the Original vampire and her aunt, only to be burdened with the acquaintance of John Gilbert.

"What do you want?" Emily groaned in annoyance as she closed the door to see the man smiling at her.

"I'd like to have a chat." John informed the girl. 

"Yeah, well, I would like a million dollars. Hop in line, Uncle Jackass." Emily told the man as she hung her coat.

"I'm serious, Emily." John pushed.

"So was I." Emily answered as she entered the kitchen to pull out some soon to be much needed alcohol.

"I'm not sure what you want from me, Emily, if you want me to apologize to you, I won't." John Gilbert denied.

"I don't want your apologies, we both know they are half-assed and meaningless. I just want you to understand that it's wrong to abandon your own child and then try to tell other people how to raise theirs. No 14 year-old girl want to become a vampire hunter, you had no right to drag me into that room." Emily snapped.

"You needed to know what creatures were out there and it's a family business." John argued with the woman who sipped her wine.

"Yeah, well, it's not one I want to be involved in." she continued to argue.

"Maybe not, but your sister seems to believe otherwise." John informed the girl.