iv.

"Let her go. It's better that she's not here with everything that's going on." John spoke as Emily began to come down the stairs after eavesdropping on Jenna's leaving.

"This is your fault you know!" Emily growled pointing her finger at her uncle on her way to the kitchen.

John ignored the oldest Gilbert and began to insult Ric instead.

"But maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this-" John's sentence was ended by Alaric slamming his fist into John's face.

"Who hit who?" Emily jumped from her spot in the kitchen as she heard the collision.

"Hell, yeah. Go Ric!" Emily cheered as she saw her uncle ducked down in pain.

Even Elena grinned with her sister at the sight of blood running down John's face.

"You do know this is your fault, right?" Elena repeated her sister's earlier words.

"Right." John answered shortly.

It was the next day when Emily walked past Elena's room to see Stefan and Elena sitting at her window and then ran into her favorite uncle.

"How's your nose?" Emily smiled sarcastically, only for John to roll his eyes and continue on his path the Elena.

Emily made her way down the stairs and stopped when Elena's vampire mother stood before her.

"What the hell, John!" Emily turned to storm back upstairs only to be stopped by Stefan and Elena coming downstairs.

"What's wrong?" Elena paused at the bottom of the stairs.

Emily answered her sister with a gesture to continue towards the kitchen, Elena soon finding her mother as well.

"I asked John for a do-over." Isobel stated at Elena's shocked face.

"Well, you didn't ask me." Emily crossed her arms as she stayed in front of Elena.

"You invited her in?" Elena finally recovered as she looked at John.

"She has information about Klaus, please just listen to her, okay?" John stayed calm.

"Information she couldn't say outside." Emily scoffed under her breath as Elena turned back to her 'mother'.

"Alright, what do you know?" Stefan questioned.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus." Isobel began as the group now took position in the kitchen.

"We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you." Isobel continued.

"Best chance at what?" Stefan questioned as Emily continued to glare at John.

"Keeping Elena alive." John spoke up, turning to meet Emily's gaze.

"You don't get to talk, okay? Not after everything you've done." Elena snapped.

"Were you able to find Klaus?" Stefan continued his interrogation of Isobel.

"No, nobody knows where he is. But there are these rumors that are flying around that a doppelganger exists." Isobel answered.