Chapter 29

Lyrics pov

We ran for hours without stopping. When we did finally stop we were at this clearing in the middle of nowhere. It was beautiful. Magical. It made me feel warm and happy inside. It made me feel brand spanking new. I felt like I could do anything.

"Lyric we have to leave. She's this way. Come on."

I watched him as he started to walk away. I stayed where I was. I wasn't ready to leave. It wasn't because I was tired or wanted to back outa helping him. It was neither of those things. I didn't wanna go because I felt like I was finally home where I belonged. I felt like I could stay here and never leave. So I stood where I was. Not moving or saying a word.

"Lyric we have to keep going. Lexis Alonso completely lost conciseness and I won't be able to find her. Please."

I look up away from him. When I did I saw something that almost looked like smoke.

"I'm sorry Lyric but I have to go."

As he started to stand to go I gripped his hand.

"Look, do you see it?"

"See what Lyric?"

"The the that. MOVE EVERYONE TAKE COVER!!!"

As everyone took cover ashes and wood and all kinds of other things came raining down on us.

Xander some how found his way to me. I watched as the beauty was destroyed. For some reason I started to cry.

Next thing I know I was being pulled from him. I screamed and kicked. Cried and tried to pull away.

"Shhhhhh darling.." cooed a voice "it's me. Its your real mommy. I have you know honey and nothing bad will come of you. Now poor Xander well I can't promise anything baby girl. You made this to easy for me."

I heard Xander scream out in pain and knew I had to think fast or I'd lose him.