New Kid

A/n:
Second chapter let's get started sorry it took so long to write!
Word Count: 978
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author POV:
Y/n and the boys played at the sandlot that night without a further comment about the homework. Did she finish it? No. But they don't have to know that.

The following Monday they got a new boy in their class as the teacher said they would. His name was Scotty Smalls. He was a pretty handsome boy wearing beige jeans with a striped button up shirt.

Y/n POV:
Scotty was the new kid in our class. Most of the other kids didn't talk to him cause he was new, but he usually just sat in the corner at his desk everyday.

None of the boys went up to talk to him either.

"Shouldn't we talk to him?" I asked as I looked over to Scotty sitting by a tree at recess. "Nah he'll be fine" said Ham as we were waiting in line to bat.

"He's a nerd, look at him he's just sitting there reading a book!" Said squints as he motioned his arm towards Scotty. "Leave it alone guys" said Benny as he pointed for us to walk up.

It was my turn to bat and sadly Kenny was pitching. He has a good throw and I've missed his fast balls a few times.

"You want a fast one?" Kenny asked as I hit the bat on the plate. "Yeah pitch it" I said as I stood waiting. "Alright" said Kenny.

He winded up his arm and threw one of his specialty fast balls. I hit it first try and started to first base. I stoped there since someone in the outfield already threw it to first base but I got there a split second before.

We continued on playing until we had to go inside for afternoon classes. Same as everyday, maths, science and then gym. Everyday the same thing.

After that was over we headed to the sandlot. Wow surprising I know. But this time something new happened.

"That new kid lives down the street form us" Benny said referring to me and him when he said "us". "Really? I never noticed" I said as we were walking to the dugout.

"Yeah he lives a couple houses away from me" Benny said as he looked over to me, slightly squinting from the sun. "Oh wow great. The new kid knows where Benny lives" said Bertram as we made it to the dugout.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked. "What if he goes up to Bennys door and asks if he can play with us!" Said Ham. "Yeah yeah he's got a point" said Yeah yeah.

"I agree, I don't want to play with a nerd, he probably doesn't know how to play" said squints as he adjusted his glasses. We set our stuff in the dugout and then went to the field. Me playing center field.

Benny hit the ball towards left center and yelled "Watch out!". I looked over and saw the new kid fall straight on his ass, everyone started laughing except for Benny. "You alright?!" I yelled over as he stood up.

"Yeah I'm fine! I'll get the ball!" He said as he went over to the bushes that the ball rolled into. He cautiously grabbed the ball and ran back. "Come on throw the ball!" Yelled Kenny as he held his hand up.

As the boys all made more smart remarks Scotty threw the ball...it landed right on the ground not even 3 feet in front of him. "My life's over." I heard Scotty mumble as he ran out of the sandlot.

"Wow look what you guys did, real nice of you!" I said to them. "Did you not see that throw!?" Asked Timmy. "Yeah did you not see that throw!" Repeated Tommy. "Guys leave it alone you're all a bunch of jerks" said Benny as he put the bat down and turned to them.

"Let's just call it a day" said Benny. "Really? The suns not even close to going down" protested Bertram. The boys agreed with him in protest. "Yeah come on!" "Come on Benny!" "It's not even 5 o'clock".

"Y'all keep playing if you want I'm going home with Benny" I said as I walked over to the dugout and got my stuff. "Seriously Y/n?" Said Squints. "Yes, you guys were being ass holes, you have no reason to be" I said as Benny agreed.

Author POV:
After a bit of Bennys convincing the boys all went home. They'd decided that the game wouldn't be as fun without Benny and Y/n there and they couldn't play with 7 people. They all walked out of the sandlot together and said their goodbyes.

Y/n and Benny walked home together everyday after the sandlot, it makes sense they live right beside each other. Today was different. Instead of talking about the usual subjects they found themselves talking about Scotty, the new kid.

"Weird isn't it?" Y/n said. "What" Benny replied while looking at her. "That we got a new kid right before the end of school?" She said as she looked back at him. "Yeah we don't get new kids ever, especially at the end of the year." Said Benny.

As they approach their houses Y/n starts to walk up her drive way. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Said Benny. "Yup see you tomorrow!" Y/n said as she went inside her house. She went straight to her room and started the homework. "Scotty Smalls" she whispered.

"What a name..." she said as she flipped over her page. She looked out her window and over to Scotty's house that Benny pointed out earlier.

"I should talk to him tomorrow" she said as she put the sheet into her backpack and flopped onto her bed.