015

Alexis couldn't get the feeling that Tom had cheated on her out of her mind. She knew that deep down, he wouldn't. But she couldn't help it. She was worried.

When she woke that morning, she walked down into the living room. She saw Tom sitting there. He smiled. "Morning babe. You okay?" He asked.

Alexis nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay. I'm just... I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping so well."

Tom, who thought Alexis was upset about Max, sighed. "Get your brother out your head. He messed up. And yet you're still losing sleep over him."

"It's not about my brother. So leave him alone."

Tom watched as she walked off upstairs. He sighed knowing that she wasn't herself. He knew he wanted to make it work.

***
Alexis went into work. She saw Charlee standing by her car. "Hey. How you doing?"
She asked.

Charlie shrugged. "I'm okay. I'm just... I'm tired. Max came round. And we spent the whole night just talking. And trying to work it out. For the baby."

Alexis smiled. "How's it going?"

"Okay I guess. He's trying to convince me to give him a second chance. I don't know. Because I just... I feel like it'll go wrong again. And I can't put myself through that," she told her.

Alexis nodded. She smiled. "I know. But you have to put yourself first and the baby. I know it's hard. But you have to."

"Yeah. How's it going with you and Tom? Have you talked to him yet?" Charlee asked.

Alexis shook her head. "I can't. I wouldn't know what to say. It's hard to come out to him and say, I think you've been cheating on me. Is it true?"

"Yeah. That would be complicated."

***
Tom couldn't help but feel like Alexis was being off with him. He had noticed how she didn't kiss him like she normally did. And she didn't want to have sex.

He saw her walking past and went after her. He sighed. "Don't lie to me. What's going on? I know there is something."

Alexis sighed. "It doesn't matter. I'm just having one of those days. And it sucks," she said.

Tom nodded. He knew she wasn't being honest. But he couldn't call her out knowing that it wasn't easy. There was something that was clearly bothering her.

***
Tom arrived outside of Max's house. He knocked the door. Within moments, Max opened it. "Tom. What can I do for you?" He asked.

Tom sighed. "You need to sort this Max. Your sister is miserable. She isn't focusing on our relationship. And our daughter."

Max rolled his eyes. "I don't need you turning up at my house and telling me what to do. Now if you don't mind."

"Actually I do mind. You're insane to think you have a future here. You should just leave. And do us all a favour," Tom said as he turned and walked off.

***
Alexis was sitting playing with Maisie. She heard a knock at the door. Tom opened it and let Charlee in. "Hey. What's up?"

"It's Max. He's left. He said he's not coming back."

Alexis frowned. But would she find out it was Tom who told Max to leave? Or would this remain a secret?