Chapter Two

School started the same time, as it did everyday, and as I found it unbelievably hot outside, it only made my urge to pull off my gloves more worse, I had to hold onto one of my wrists in order to make sure I didn't go against my mothers wishes, the last thing I needed to have happen, was one of the blonde haired bullies turning into ash, and following into the wind, getting onto the news by the time I got home. Even though I wasn't really out there, to be bullied, I still got tons of unwanted attention. Since summer vacation had helped me hide my abilities for a little while, returning to school, for the first day with random gloves on, and being unable to take them off to touch someone, or shake someone's hand, was going to get me some unwanted attention I knew it,

But as I walked up the driveway and into the school entrance, I found the experience a little more baring. But only when Asher was around. Which to my surprise, there he was. Stuck being followed around by two random girls, who were to busy trying to keep him with him, they hadn't even noticed one of the school nerds, had dropped all his books, and if it wasn't for Asher pushing himself in front of them, completely blocking their paths, saving them from a heel. Which would've been so tragic. I stopped, completely still, when his eyes found mine. And I wasn't even searching for them, and as my heart felt like it could've stopped at any moment, I caught him walking towards me.

However before he was able to approach me, I was yanked away. Pulled to the side, as my backpack dropped from my shoulders. Before I could take another breath of fresh air. I was practically suffocated, and deprived of air, when I felt someone's lips firmly against mine. As their arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to them, as I met their eyes. Pure brown, and rather handsome. I recognized the face instantly, and instead of fighting, I allowed it to continue. Once I saw the persons face, I instantly knew what he was doing. Saving me. He was saving me, from making the worst decision of my entire high school life. Since realizing I had developed a rather medium sized crush on Asher, I wasn't exactly the type of girl that was good at communicating without saying something stupid, so I deeply had a huge thank you to give to Clark, after I watched to make sure Asher had left, and surprised as I was, he did, and with a rather disappointed look on his face.

Once I was able to reclaim my breathing rights, I walked backwards a little, so I could see Clark in his full glory, for as tall as he was, and as short as I was, it made it easier to talk to him, when I stepped back. As he stared at me with a rather embarrassed look, he let out a small nervous chuckle.

''Please tell me, I don't have to do that every time he's around?'' he practically begged, as he cuffed his hands together.

''No, you won't. Its only for right now.'' I replied. ''We don't even have the same classes, so I won't be worried about running into him between classes.''

''And in the halls? What do you have planned for that?'' he asked. ''I won't be able to follow you around, all day, shielding you from Asher.'' Clark pointed out, which I clearly had knowledge about. As close as we were, Clark isn't always aware of the importance of me avoiding Asher has been lately, simply, he thinks its like a girl thing? To avoid the guy you like, but it really isn't. At least its not a huge part of why I'm doing it. One is because of my secret, power/condition? And the second is because, its almost been eight years since the last time we talked, or even saw each other. And trust me dreams don't count? But still, even though we haven't had contact, doesn't mean I made it my life's goal to completely forget about him, during those years. I kept up with his social media, and I asked Mom about his Mom every so offend. Trust me, I wasn't always this pathiec.

Clark just stared at me, not even bothering to talk while he knew I was in my daydreaming world...He had to take lessons to be able to know when I was listening to him, and when I was dozed off. Mainly he could tell when I stopped breathing or blinking, either one was made him have to pinch me, or some times on rage occasions, he'd have to bite me....Which don't ask, its kind of kinky.