Chapter Three

That evening, I sat down with my mother. I told her we had to talk. "Mom, Abby told me that I didn't try hard enough. What can I do to try harder?" My mother's face quickly slips from a smile to a frown. She fiddles with the tassel of the cud soon that is neatly seated on the couch. "Well, um..." she mutters. "Maybe you could try to work on your feet a bit more." I nod just as my mother lifts her head up and bring her eyes to meet mine. "Thanks, mom." I reach over and wrap my arms round my mother, embracing her in a hug.
-
The next day, I was casually strolling up the road on the way to school when I gazed up at the vast blue sky. You may have guessed that I admire the sky. Its vast colours mesmerise me. The pink, the orange, the blue, they all collide in a different light, creating a soothing, new shade. I was so deep in my thoughts, I stumbled over my own feet. I've always been clumsy, even as a dancer that is en pointe. I finally arrive at the school's building and trudge up the steps as through the large double doors that await me. The first duo that I spot when I enter the school is Kendall and Maddie. The two fifteen year old girls begin snickering more and more with each of my footsteps. They soon are pointing their fingers at me and laughing histericaly. "What's so funny?" I ask, turning to face them. Maddie and Kendall scrutinise me before whacking out a few more evil wails of laughter. I start jogging. Then running. Then sprinting. It seems that everybody in the hall is copying Kendall and her evil friend. Their loud snorts and laughs evict me from my comfort zone. I didn't know that could sprint any faster, but I could. Then everything went ink black.
-
Black. Black. Black. Black. Black. Black. Light. Light? I bat my eyes open, revealing them to the unfamiliar light surrounding me. Where am I? Who was I? Questions flooded my head. Questions I had no answers to. Not knowing who you are or where you are is freaky, you know. It's not how they make it in the movies. Nothing is how they make it in the movies. I roll over onto my side and stare out of the bullet-proof window. Not that I knew what I was looking for. I crank my head round only to notice that my right foot is contained in a snow white plaster cast and I wince at the sight of it. A few moments later, a tall lady walked through the door and grinned at me. I wonder why. "You're finally awake, Miss Frazier." Miss Frazier? What? Soon after that being said, another woman rushed through the door. Her dark and shiny skin pale due to worry and stress. This person that is unknown to my system's memory places herself down on the bed at my feet and squeals, "Nia, you're ok!" The two ladies stare at me with blank expressions as I wonder, "Who is Nia?"
-
Later that day, I was reminded of who I supposedly was. After glancing at a family scrapbook, a light goes off in my head. "I know who I am!" I gasp. The nurse and my mom wrap me in a hug and I was sent home as little as an hour later. Apparently, I was running so fast that I didn't see the stairs at school. I tripped over and fell down two floors. I may have split my head aswell as fracturing my ankle, but I am alive. I've been out in a wheelchair for a day or two. When I arrived home, I was carried up the stairs by my strong father and was put straight into bed. I had had a long day.