Chapter Seven

If Kendall and Maddie hadn't laughed at me I wouldn't have fell. If I hadn't fell I wouldn't have had a weak ankle. If I hadn't had a weak ankle I wouldn't be lying down in an ambulance right now. I could see the blurry figures known as people seated beside me, all four in tears. I knew what had happened. I just lost my chance of winning. I relaxed my eyes a bit and let my eyelids be weighed down once again.
-
I was seeing way too much of the hospital in a week. I wake up slowly to the sound of quiet chatter coming from across the room. The four people that were once fuzzy blurs all speak to eachother, sounding worried. Gianna nods her head after my mother says something. Abby and my father exchange glances while making small talk. By now, I was fully awake. I knew where I was. I knew that I was in the same hospital bed as I was earlier in the week. I give a little cough, letting them know that I am awake. Everyone freezes to the spot and stares at me. At last, my father rushes out to the hall to get the doctor. The same doctor that I had before. After long hugs and tears, again, just like before, I was sent home in a wheelchair, but this time, it was permanent. Apparently, I was going to be in a wheelchair for life! I allow large tears to escape my eyes when I am told. "Mom, what about dance?!" I wail. She shakes her hear slowly and takes my hand in hers. No, this couldn't be happening. "Please tell me the group won!" "We placed first," she grins. Phew! Even though I wasn't in the group, I'm glad we won. This is only the start. The start of my life without dance.