02.

"Oh! Hello, Amelia!" Hiraeth gasped, still catching her breath after sprinting through the gardens.

Amelia, a jolly, motherly woman, just leaving the prime of her life, laughed in response. "Hello, your highness. How was the dinner party?"

"Oh, it was alright," she answered. "Lots of faces and only a few I enjoy seeing, you know how it is."

Amelia nodded. "Any new faces?" She asked with a peculiar look on her face. She lowered her voice to almost a whisper, quiet enough that it wouldn't carry down the line of cells like other noises did.

Hiraeth raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "Possibly, but that's a strangely timed question don't you think?" She matched Amelia's hushed tone for a reason she didn't fully understand. She found herself glancing down the hallway to where Amber's cell was before turning back to their exchange.

Amelia smirked and waved it off. "I suppose you're right, so I won't pry. Amber's been waiting for you all day though so I'll be in the guard's quarters. Hollar if you need me!" With that she stepped through a new wooden door, which hadn't been there when Hiraeth first discovered the place. It was an old cell which had been renovated into a small lounge area for the prison guards.

Hiraeth smiled and rushed to Amber's cell. Glancing to either side of her she could see that, as usual, there were no other prisoners in any of the cells, so she took no care in being lady-like.

Amber's cell door was left open, as it usually was now, and he was sitting inside, pretending that he was reading a book and not waiting impatiently for her to join him.

(another reference picture, just imagine amber as hugh dancy with redder, longer hair and gold eyes. and pointy ears of course)

    He acted surprised as she stepped into view, even though she knew he must have heard her enter the prison

He acted surprised as she stepped into view, even though she knew he must have heard her enter the prison. He set his book down on his desk, which was made of scraps of wood and nails Amelia had gathered for him.

    Over the years Hiraeth and Amelia had brought him all kinds of things to make his cell feel more like a home. There were blankets and a few pillows on the bed/bench, a stool he could sit on at his home-made desk, and even a small rug that Hiraeth had managed to smuggle in.

"Hello there, do I know you?" Amber joked. "I'm afraid I'm expecting someone else, have you seen a princess anywhere? You know, about yea high, a clean dress...no sticks in her hair." He burst out laughing as he studied her appearence.

She started frantically pulling sticks and leaves out of her hair and trying to smooth her dress down, which made him laugh even harder. She laughed with him and soon they were both in such a good mood they forgot they were in a prison.

"Mother would not be happy if she saw me in this condition," she said when she had stopped laughing.

"A bit winded, I see!" He teased, it always made him unbearable when he could tell she had run to the prison.