𝓔

"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒈𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒉 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒍 𝒌𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒈𝒂

𝑱𝒐 𝒏𝒂𝒉𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒈𝒂 𝒘𝒐 𝒂𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒉𝒊 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒂 𝒋𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒈𝒂"

Raj woke up feeling a warm liquid running down his face and someone smacking his cheek. Cracking an eye open, he is greeted with a smiling Seher. Her drool all over the place.

"My princess!" He cheers, wrapping a hand around her and hauling her to his chest. He tried to make her lay on top of him but gave up when she struggled none stop under his grip.

"Papa, up. Up, papa." She began pounding on his chest with her pudgy little fists just when the smarty pants noticed Shera closing his eyes.

"Papa tired Seher." He complained.

"No, papa, up." Raj tried to doze off again, but his little princess made it impossible for him.

"Let's go find mumma." He finally said with a defeated sigh, gathering her in his arms and ambling straight towards the kitchen. Knowing all too well his Sadaf would be busy prepping breakfast for them.

"Sadaf, tumhari beti ne-- Sadaf?" He paused mid-sentence, checking her neck and forehead with the back of his hand. "You're burning up!"

"Nahi to, bilkul theek hain hum." She shrugged it off with a reassuring smile, continuing to stir in the pot. Taking her hand in his, Shera turns off the stove then drags her into the living room, making her sit on the couch.

(It's nothing! I'm alright.)

"Thoda bhi dhyan na rakhna tum apna. Har waqt kitchen me rehti ho." He shook his head in disapproval looking down at the thermometer. "Dekha? 101-degree bukhar." When she sneezed in reply, he further added. "Aur zukham bhi. Chalo doctor ke paas."

(Never look after yourself. Standing in the kitchen all the time! See? You've got a 101-degree fever. And cold too. You're coming with me to see the doctor now.)

"Choti choti baat pe nahi jaate doctor ke paas. Aysa sirf movies me hota hai, zara sa bukhar aaya aur doctor ko phone lagadiya." She giggled.

(It's only in movies where they go to the doctor for such little things, not in real life.)

"Humari life koi film se kam hai kiya?" He chuckled pecking her forehead.

(Our life is nothing less than a movie now, is it?)

"Waise kya kiya humari beti ne? Jo aap subha subha shikayat leke aagaye iski humare paas."

(By the way, what did our daughter do for you to whine about it early in the morning?)

"Aapki beti mujhe sone nahi deti zyada der tak, pata hai aapko? Thappard maar maar ke uthaya hai iss badmaash ne mujhe." He complained, rubbing his nose against hers.

(She just doesn't let me sleep! Woke me up with slaps on my cheek.)

"Aap hi ne to rakha tha iska naam Seher. Ab sambhalein aapki Seher ko." Sadaf chuckles.

(You're the one who named her Seher (dawn). Now deal with it.)

"Beti ko bhi dekh lenge, aur uski mumma ko bhi. Mein abhi tayyar hokar aaya. Doctor ke paas chalte hai."

(I'll deal with the both of you. Give me a minute, I'll freshen up. Then we'll go see the doctor.)

"Ya Allah! Kiya zaroorat hai? Raj!" Sadaf whined, slumping on the couch. When no response came her way, she calls again.