CHAPTER 8

Most of the time when we were at the mall I was worried a sto whether or not Lily had seen my message. I didn't want her to record their conversation for no reason. Thankfully though as Nick and I had grabbed something to eat she texted me saying that she didn't do anything. But she said that even though we didn't put the plan into action I still wasn't allowed to bug her about us being friends again. I look at Nick sitting across from me who is trying to figure out the best way to tackle eating his sandwich. I snicker as he puts his mouth around part of it but pulls away because his mouth doesn't fit around it. I look back down at my phone and for once I am not mad that Lily didn't want to be friends any more. Nick is one of the best friends I could ask for and I don't need anyone else. I'd be happy if Nick was my only friend ever. I set my phone down and I turn to my lunch.

On Monday I start off the day a little bit anxious. I have one goal for today. And I am going to leave school with that goal done or else I am going to have another sleepless night full of procrastinating. At lunch I walk up to the Glam Girls with their purple dyed hair. I suck in a breath and I walk up to Sara who is who I want to talk to in particular.

"Hi." The girls stop their conversation and Justine shoots me a look of utter disgust.

"What do you want, Denise the Dingo?" Marley snaps at me.

"Hey! Short one. Only I can insult her." I look at Marley and she rolls her eyes and I can see her say "I am not that short," under her breath. I cross my arms and glare at Justine.

"What do you want, Denise the Dingo?" I wanted to say something nasty but I know that that wouldn't help me to get to talk to Sara. I ignore Justine and I look at Sara.

"Can I talk to you? Alone," I quickly added. She seems to actually consider the question before agreeing.

"Marley, Tina, Justine and Lily go get me some lunch." Marley, Lily and Tina rush off but Justine stays. " Uhh Justine? Can you like, go for a second please?"

"You aren't actually like-" Sara stares at Justine a little bit longer with no emotion in her eyes. "Ugh fine!" Justine exclaimed before storming off.

"Sara. I just wanted to say something. Well, more ask something." She looks at me like she has all the time in the world. "I just wanted to ask if we could have a truce. Maybe even friends. I loved having you as a friend and I wish we could go back to doing that." I waited a couple of seconds, which seemed like an hour. She gave me a sweet smile and I waited for what's coming. It took a couple of seconds for my brain to process the surreal moment but once it did I realized Sara had her arms around me and was hugging me. I hugged her back and she pulled out of it and looked at me.

"I missed you Denise and I wish that we could go back to when we were little but Denise, people grow. People move on and I think you need to realize that there are things you need to move on from. But, I'll make it easy for you this time. We can be acquaintances and we will have an alliance. We won't be friends but we won't be rude anymore. You and Nick can be friends and we won't make fun of you, as long as you leave the 5 of us alone." A bunch of thoughts running through my head, trying to sort each other out. But I do the safe thing and shake Sara's hand.

"Deal."

And that was it. Sara and I were acquaintances. Not friends but weren't rude to each other. And unlike Lily, Sara never said that we couldn't be friends. But also unlike Lily, I didn't cling onto that hope. Sure it was there in the back of my head, but I enjoyed just being friends with Nick. While Sara said we would respect one another, Justine had never agreed to it and took full advantage of it. While she never bullied me because she knew it'd somehow get back to Sara and she'd be kicked out of the group, she gave me dirty looks whenever we walked by and sometimes if she was feeling really evil she'd get other people in my class to pass me notes from her. And sure it'd bother me, until I saw Nick or I saw something that reminded me of him and his bright big smile. And that's how it went on all the way until grade 8. The last grade of our school before moving into high school. Grade 8 was one of the biggest years I have ever had and boy was I excited to start it. Everything went well from there. Sara and Justine had a fight and Sara felt nice enough to invite me to the group. Everyone welcomed me into the group except for Lily. We didn't talk at all and we tried to avoid each other at all costs. But, other than that, life is going as well as it possibly could. Plus, summer isn't that far away and summer means no school. But that also leads to the next school year and it makes my stomach twist just thinking about what grade 8 holds for me. 

-------

A/N

Sooooooo. I will admit that the past two days I forgot about updating the book. So sorry about that. This is the final chapter of this book, Pigeon and I hope you enjoyed it and remember to stay tuned for a part two!

That's it for now, have an amazing day/night and we hope to see you in the second book!

_______

Remember to drink water and that you are loved ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍🤎

(I could't decide what colour of heart to do for the end of this book so I did all of them 😅)