24. All in

Your POV
The match continues as I slowly creep my way up the leaderboard. As the game progresses people start to drop out as they run out of chips. There's only 2 other guys remaining in this match.

The dealer dealt the cards again. Since it's closer to the match, I decided to observe my opponents looking at their cards first instead of mine. They may be able to slip something that could be useful to me. I take a peek at mine, 10 heart and Ace heart. A nice hand to start with so I threw $1000 on the table to start the game. Everyone seems equally confident about theirs and calls.

The flop shows Queen heart, 8 club and 4 club. A bit risky if anyone has clubs in their hand. Opponents start calculating in their heads as I observe them for any minor expression, nothing. They decide to stand on their ground and check but I decide to attack and raise to whatever's left of the opponent. It's either they go all in or they fold. I want to end the game right here, right now. They are thinking a lot but ultimately call to continue the game.

Since the rest are all in, the dealer deals the turn, Jack hearts. This is going very well for me. If the next one is a heart, I win this game. If the next one is not a heart, I'll be taking a lot of damage.

Before the dealer deals the next card, I decided to enlighten the mood. "What do you guys want the next card to be?" Nobody answers, an answer would most likely reveal what they have in hand.

All eyes are on the last card, the river. The dealer flips the card to reveal King heart which is absolutely what I needed. But since the other guy went all in, he has to show his cards first, Queen pair, giving him triple Queen.

(The table has Queen heart, 8 club, 4 club, Jack hearts, King heart)

The other guy turns and shows the King pair, giving him triple King, same as the other guy. Honestly those hands would be really good under other circumstances, but they have to meet me. I reveal my hand of 10 heart and Ace heart for a royal straight flush.

"Sorry guys." I admitted to them. The room went silent, they have probably never seen a royal straight flush in person and are still wrapping their head around it.

The event organiser had to step in and break the awkward silence. "And there we have it. Y/N Baker wins this year's Poker match and what a spectacular way to end it!" I thank everyone and make my way over to Natasha.

"Told you I'd win." I smirk.

"Yeah, are you ready for what's to come?" She puts a hand around my waist

"The question is, is he?" I give her a kiss. "You taste like Vodka." I pull away.

"I have to have something after the shocking experience I just had." She is right, and I feel bad for having to put her through this. It's never easy to deal with losing someone especially when you're in this line of work.

"I'm-" Before I get to say anything, the event coordinator interrupts and says that the CEO was ready to meet me.

"What did you want to say?" She holds me back.

"I- um, wait for me outside." I quickly gave her a reply before leaving with the coordinator.

I followed the coordinator to a suite, there were guards waiting outside but let me in without a check.

This is odd...

They opened the door and I was met with a middle aged man, in his forties to fifties. He gestures for me to sit which I did.

"Never once in my party have a woman participated and won the Poker match." He takes the seat opposite me.

"If you invite me again, I'll gladly do the same next year." I continue his conversation, trying to figure out his intention. "You are very respected in the agricultural sector, why is someone like you associated with SHIELD?"

"In order to maintain business, one must be ever growing, adapting. Following trends and creating new ones."

I slam the armrest and push off to choke him. "This is bullshit, where is the real CEO? You're not the one in-charge." The guards outside hear the commotion and barge into the room, with guns pointing at me.

Another man appears from behind and tells them to stand down. "You must be Y/N Baker. I am Ian Cole. I've heard a lot of things about you."

"The feelings are not mutual." I release the fake CEO from my grip. "You think having guards can stop me?"

"You won't do anything. You. Wouldn't. Dare." He threatens me. I scream and rush at him, taking something out from my back and injects him with it, causing him to pass out. Everything happened instantly. The guards were not fast enough to stop me. One of them pulled me away from Cole, and another went to check on him. I took his gun and knocked him out using the back of the gun and pointed it at the other guard.

"Don't worry he's not dead." I look over at the table and write a note for him.

Time to find another security company.

I wanted to check for more clues but I doubt there would be anything here since this is not their base of operation. I threw the gun at the last guard as a distraction and punched him out. I wanted to shoot him but I didn't want to raise any unwanted attention. I have to get out of here before anyone sees me.

They'll know I was the last one who met with Cole but they have no proof. Afterall, the CEO that everyone thought was real is a fake. They can't possibly expose that to the world.

Again, I'm sorry if the poker bit was boring.