004

Surprising just how much the world has fared to survive.

Y/n shot up from her seat as she stretched and checked on the time. It red as 6:01 in the morning.

She sighed and changed herself into her Original Form, her hair fading into something darker and eyes going back to its usual bright ones.

It was exhausting and sleepy to stay in her Human form for much longer than 35 minutes.

Curious as to why she was in that form? Well, she's trying to lengthen the amount of time she had to stay in it. A reaper still has limits no matter how strong they were made to be.

Checking herself out one last time on her full-body mirror, she fixed her tie.

Satisfied. she then walked through the mirror to her supposed destination.

-----------

Y/n took a small jump as she looked around with her hands in her pockets. after she was sure the coast was clear, she headed out.

The clear and bright scenery of the bustling street was what greeted her early in the morning. she wasn't seen by most people as she passed through them nonchalantly.

Though some felt goosebumps and were creeped out for some reason.

Seo-jun Y/n <- the reason

As the woman strolled and passed around, she encountered a small feline on the verge of death. she watched as it's life slowly came to end.

Small and slow breaths, the feline was starved and abused looking at the state it's in. y/n who once had loved cats from her time had a small roof dedicated for the likes of them.

Although faint, It was still of course, there. the love.

She loves animals, cats just so happened to be on the top of that chart.

Big cats to be precise.

40 seconds and this feline infront of her will be free of despair and be in peace.

The reaper, sighing, crouched and waited for it to take its last breath. patiently waiting.

Unexpectedly, a teen boy ran and took it in his arms with no hesitation yet with care and gentleness. this sudden act took the crouching reaper aback as she stood up and watched how he tried so desperately to revive the feline.

To her surprise, his desperate attempts worked.

The feline breathed hard.

It had probably wanted to live too. Thought y/n, crossing out the feline's name.

-----------

X - Lily (Feline)
7 remaining lives left

-----------

The teen boy ran to the nearest animal clinic to have the young feline checked out and fed, while the reaper walked away with an indifferent look.

It had almost looked kind of relieved if not for the tint of longing and sadness.

-----------

Itadori stopped midway on eating his chip as he stared at the familiar face that popped out of the tv screen.

"y/n-san?!"

"hey, kid. we meet..." Her glowing eyes landed at the toy bear beside him that snored, "..again. what's that?"

"oh, this? It's a cursed doll that gojo-sensei told me to keep asleep as a part of training my cursed energy." Explained itadori, patting its head.

"interesting. you should have at least slept for a few hours, it's not good for your health. just look at your bags." Y/n unintentionally nagged the teen as he only chuckled nervously in response.

Itadori sat up and motioned for her to take a seat. Y/n shook her head in decline.

"I still have work to tend to. I'll see you after. keep up the good work." Y/n patted his shoulder as she passed by him, back to the tv screen.

Itadori grinned, "yes!"

He was determined and enthusiastic.

What a child.

------------

Y/n then came out of a theater screen this time. It was playing some sort of black and white sci-fi thriller, or whatever it is.

she looked around the front and saw 4 occupied seats, save for a stitched curse behind 3 students by the left aisle.

And one teen boy on the middle.

Y/n made her way behind the one in the middle and observed the scene. they were a noisy bunch of high schoolers. might be rebels. worse, bullies.

The reaper rested her chin on her left palm as she pulled out her list of pick-ups. Drowning out the sound of the movie.

She calls them trash rather than souls. Souls were for the demons and Divine so she changed the concept on a proper and 'accurate' way.

"No way. She won't let us bang her at all. She's no good anymore." said the buff one with dirty blonde hair in disappointment.

How nauseating. I guess it wouldn't hurt to think that they deserve what's coming for them next.

She now sat up and scrutinized the curse in a amused manner, as if waiting for him to take action.

He took a moment before raising a hand, slowly, and in a blink of an eye, the three were finally dead.

It was now her cue, she appeared in front of the three disfigured students and was not surprised to have collected three black keys from them.

Deserved. Now serve yourselves well in hell, kiddos. Y/n then murmured the ritual for tainted keys to send them down once and for all.

She felt no ounce of sorry, but relief instead.

Just then did the lights turned on. The boy from before stood to the right of the three as he could not believe his eyes.

He must've known these three.

She waited until realization hit him and ran out of the theater in a hurry.

Hm? Y/n looked at the time and smiled. I guess I'll follow you.

Y/n then followed suit after the boy. This country sure is worth my time, I guess.

------------

I'll explain why she calls them trash instead of souls on the next chapter, but if you know the 3R's then connect the dots :))