Chapter 14

Justin was furious and started running away from them. But James and the shadow tackled him down. The shadow removed its mask. Justin saw its face and was shocked. Justin said "You are in on it, Dan? What's going on? You are the shadow? Where is Cass or Luna?" James said "Don't act dumb Justin. He is here to help us." Dan interrupted, "I'll explain everything!" and so did he.

Daniel's Flashback:

He said "Day you left; I took some rest. The next day, I got the news that you guys were dead. They found John's dead body and brought it outside but they could not find the four of you. I freaked out and I immediately ran to the spot. Since I was your friend, they took me inside in a helicopter to the spot. A search team already went in and found nothing. Dan was searching the area and found some masked indigenous people talking with you guys. I hid and listened to your conversation and freaked out when that stupid thing threatened you that it would kill me. I had a camera in my hand, and recorded everything. I wanted to save you guys but after knowing that it would kill me. And so, I went to the helicopter and went back outside." Justin asked "Did you just leave us? It left that place some time ago. You could have helped us." Dan continued "Of course I could have but if it could disappear and teleport somewhere else. It could kill us. We should know it's plan before escaping." Justin asked "Do you know anything? Did you find anything?" Dan continued "I would have..." Justin said "You would have? You should have helped us that day itself." Dan continued "Just listen Justin. Have some patients. I would have if you didn't get caught. After going out I got a dress that looked exactly like that leader thing with the photo reference that I took. Then I came inside the forest illegally with the help of one of the employees and told him to go back. I had ropes, maps, daggers and stuff to help me and us find the stupid leader's plan. I had gotten very close to finding the truth but you guys got caught by it. And if it is going to execute you, I am not going to stand and scratch my head. So, I came, killed the commander, helped you (pointed to James) from that tree, and my whole plan was spoiled by you all." Justin hugged Dan and thanked him for everything he had done. Dan asked "Where is Cassandra?" Justin hesitated "Don't you know? She joined the shadows because..." Dan asked "Because?" James said "she thought that it killed you and could kill her also. So..." Dan was traumatized.