Secret | Bokuto K.

"Bokuto I had so much fun tonight. The pier was a great choice." you smile up at your boyfriend. He has a lazy smirk on his lips and his eyes scan over all your features just adoring the person in front of them.

"Yeah, I had an amazing night as well y/n." his smile fades a little. He looked as if he was hesitant to tell you something.

"Bo? Are you okay?" you reach up to hold his face. He takes a few seconds before taking a deep breath and kissing your hand.

"Yeah, I just need to tell you something but I don't know-how. I feel kind of bad for keeping a secret for the past two months." he sighs. You hug him reassuringly and he wraps his arms around you tightly.

"I promise whatever it is I can handle it. We're adults Bo, I'm not gonna go crazy." you squeal as he picks you up to where you are now looking down on him. You both share a long kiss before he breaks away.

"Alright, is it okay if I bring you back to my house?"

"Are you trying to make a move on me? It's gonna be the first time I'm at your house." you joke.

"No no of course not baby." he laughs and carry's you back to the car.

You two drove a while to his house, not to your surprise it was very nice. You'd expect that from a professional volleyball player though. Bokuto nudges your arm, you turn to him and he gives you a quick kiss. His eyes were full of worry and he was fidgeting with his hands. You place your hands on his stroking your thumb across his knuckles. After he calmed down he led you up to the front door. His keys jingled as he was unlocking the door and you could hear tiny taps on the ground from inside. Then a thought came to mind. On your first date, you had told him that you didn't like dogs because they make your anxiety spike. You thought cute that he was worried about upsetting you over something as small as this. When he opened the door a little girl wearing his MSBY jersey.

"Daddy! You came home early!" the little girl jumped in his arms he picks her up and swings her around. She giggles happily hugging his neck.

Daddy, huh. Out of all the things I was expecting, this was the last of them.

One of Bokuto's friends, Akaashi, walked from behind the door and greeted us. He got on to the little girl for going outside without his permission and talked to Bokuto for a little while.

"Thank you so much for babysitting Akaashi. You remember Y/n right?" He looks over to me and smiles and softly.

"Of course, it's good to have someone else babysit Bokuto for a little while. You three have a nice night." He says walking back to his car. We all wave goodbye as he drives away.

"Daddy who's that?" the child asks. Bokuto turns his body to face you so she could get a better look. You smile at her sweetly and wave but she shies away in her father's arms.

"Bug this is y/n. Her and daddy have been hanging out a lot recently and I wanted you to meet her." Bokuto explains stepping closer to you. "Y/n this is Akemi, my daughter..." he looks at you with hopeful eyes searching for a positive response. You carefully put your hand on Akemi's back rubbing it slowly.

"It's nice to meet you Akemi." she lifts her head up at you looking back to Bokuto and you a few times. She plays with her fingers nervously just like Bokuto does. You study her smaller hands and her other facial feature. She looked just like Bokuto, almost like a twin.

"It's nice to meet you too Miss Y/n. Are you the reason why Uncle akaashi keeps coming over to watch me?" You and Bo laugh, he pats her hair ruffling it.

"How about we go inside and I can explain okay bug?" she nods her head and Bo leads you into the house. When entering the living room you saw blankets strategically held up and pillows making a walkway. Akemi jumps down from her dad's arms and runs over to the fort.

"Look, daddy! Me and Uncle 'Kasshi made a fort!" she proudly yells. Bo chuckles at his daughter's random burst of confidence. He sits you on the couch and places Akemi in his lap.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you what's going on but remember..."

"...the ugly words stay in my head. I know daddy." she finishes his sentence for him. Bokuto was surprisingly very mature with his daughter. You could already tell that he was a great father. Though you were still a little in shock that he had one because that means she has a mother as well.

"Good job. Okay so, me and Y/n have been...going on dates. This is daddy's girlfriend. Okay?" he speaks slowly like she was going to explode if he said the wrong thing.

She sat and thought for a moment both of us scared, then she finally gasped and yelled.

"EW DO YOU TWO KISS AND STUFF THAT'S GROSS!" We both erupt into laughter to the point where we were tearing up. I take her hand and whisper to her.

"Of course we don't boys are stinking and gross." she giggles and crawls into my lap.

"So what do you do then?"

"We go on some dinner dates. Sometimes your daddy will surprise me and take me somewhere fun like the movies." I explain.

"Ohh can I come next time? I wanna see the new Kitty Force 2!"

"Well Miss Akemi I don't see a problem with it if your daddy doesn't." she turn to him quickly with a pleading face.

"Please daddy. Can I go on a date with you and Miss Y/n? I promise I'll be super good and clean up my toys."

"Of course baby. It's time for you to go to bed though it's already 9:30." Bokuto lifts her up and kisses her cheek which she does back to him. I wave goodnight and wait patiently while they get ready for bed.

About ten minutes later Bokuto comes back into the living room. He tells me that Akemi wanted me to tuck her in tonight because she had something important to tell me. I tuck her in while Bo stands in the door. Akemi pulls on my sleeve and I turn my head. She rubs her sleepy eyes and sits up again to grab something from under her pillow. She takes out a handmade bracelet and hands it to me.

"What's this for?" I ask as she slips it onto my wrist.

"It's a present because you make daddy happy and that makes me happy." She lays back down looking up at me. "We are gonna be best friends okay? So we can have lots of playdates."

"Yes ma'am. Goodnight Akemi."

You and Bokuto head back to the living room. You sit in his lap as he just gazes down. Again he isn't speaking his mind. You lift his head up with your fingers placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "Bo, don't be so paranoid. I love her already. This doesn't change anything about us okay?"

He lets out a relieved sigh and relaxes against the couch. Every negative thought he's had for the past couple of weeks about you two meet had fled his mind.

"So, tell me more about her," you say rolling over to get your own seat on the couch. His eyes widened at the thought of rambling about his little girl.

"Well, she is 5 years old. I and her mom met in college but when she found out she was pregnant she didn't want anything to do with her so she left her to me. I haven't heard from her since. I think I'm doing a fine job though. She's so sweet and funny. She wants to be a volleyball player just like me so we go out and practice on my days off. She's terrible right now but I know she'll get there one day. Akemi is my whole world. That's why I was so nervous about you two meeting. I love you and all but if you two didn't get along...I just have to put her before anyone, but I really didn't want to lose you."

His face held a saddened expression while yours held shock. Out of the 6 months, you were dating you had never heard Bokuto tell you that he loved you. You didn't say it either just out of fear that he would say he's not there yet.

"You love me?" Bokutos eyes grew as the realization of what he said hit him. His face burned a bright pink.

"I- Well um yes. I'm sorry if it was too soon it just kinda came out."

"I love you too, Bokuto. And I promise that I'm gonna love that little girl as much as you do."

He smiled wide and fell onto your chest hugging your torso tightly. You both fell asleep like that in each other's brace. Only to wake up in the morning by the paw patrol theme song.