Chapter 49 Soireé Part III

Kylo came grumbling to life when a great shaft of light rudely struck across his eyes as harsh as a slap.

Noises, for lack of a better, or kinder word, grumbled from the back of his throat. Hoarse and raspy. The grumbling wailing grunts of the undead.

He screwed his eyes shut because when he opens them it's nothing but a white wall of pins, daylight, stabbing into his eyes. He winced and rolled over to bury his head deep into his pillow. Pink rosebud sheets over his waist. He snuffled into one of the many pillows this pink fancy frou-frou bed. The bed that seemed to be stuffed and over-crammed with layers upon layer of lush pillows.

Where he turned over in bed, two empty champagne bottles, disturbed from their resting places in bed with him, rolled over and clunked onto the parquet floor. He grumbles in pain when the loud thunking sound echoes in the bedroom. And ricochets a nasty flare in his ailing head.

It makes Draegan's smile tip up one corner of his mouth. Last night had clearly ended in some drunken revelry.

He blames Colonel Dameron entirely for that. Sore heads must be rife this morning.

Last time he saw the man last night he was sans his red military jacket, neck of his once orderly white shirt draped open over his tanned chest, dark hair flopped in curls over his forehead as he threw his arm around Iris' shoulder and passed around a bottle of champagne. Him and Kylo taking turns swigging from the neck of it. Kylo grumpily pushed the man's arm off his wife. Replaced it with his own.

Really made Draegan smile when Iris smiled all sugar-sweet and took the bottle off Poe and tipped down a mouthful of her own. Walking away with it in one hand and her skirts gathered up a little in the other for an easier getaway.

Kylo's hands seek for the warm soft skin of his Iris. Bewitched with the want to touch. Searching for more sleep and the solace of her skin. He wants the soft tactile of her chestnut hair in his nose. He wants to kiss the dewy spot at the nape of her neck. Wrap a hand around the hill of her hip.

A smooth lull of a voice chips into the broken glass and foggy poison of Kylo's  very hungover head. "Kylo."

Kylo rumbles. Finding Iris' perfume on the pillow next to his. He burrows his head under it and grumbles for whoever it is shaking him awake and rudely opening the curtains, to ' please sod off and die.'

His lordly grumpiness manages to find Iris' hip. Huzzah at last. He fists a huge hand in her nightdress and snuffles closer.

He finds her warmth through her thin nightgown. He finds her. Somewhere across the gigantic soft pink bed. He buries his head into her back. Meaty bare arms bunch around her middle. He nuzzled his nose into her back. Feeling the sheer gossamer paper thin of her cotton gown draped over her body. Stained with the faded scent of her perfume and chalky soap. Rose soap he suspects, he's too in pain to figure it out. Or care.

He feels her body bounce where she laughs at his cuddling her like a child who doesn't wish to be torn away from their mothers skirts. He feels Iris twist around to look back at him. Trying valiantly to bury himself deeper into the covers. Using her body as a barrier to the nagging demon trying determinedly to wake him.

A smooth caress of calm fingers strokes through the top of his sleep mussed mane. Twirled dark black. Silver hematite rings on long handsome fingers.

Sweet jasmine carried across the bed from the figure trying valiantly to wake him.

"Wake up sleeping beauty. We have a hunt which we'll be late for if you remain lazing in bed." Draegan soothes.