Part 1 - Two Rivers P.O.V

-- NOVEMBER 16. FRIDAY. --

Ah yes, a normal group of students. Definitely not SQUIPs. We were getting some strange looks as we walked down the hall. Was it because we hadn't shown up on the first day, or was is it the chaotic clothing we wore?

Allow me to introduce you to us. Of course we have myself, who probably looked the most normal of the group. I simply wore a blue shirt, a black jacket and jeans. My hair was still a dark curly mess, but I couldn't change that.

Then we have Anderson, who you may know better as "The Book SQUIP." Yeah, he convinced Jeremy to write a book about what happened. He says Jeremy suggested it, but it was Anderson who made that decision. As if that was smart. Anyway, he had a full suit on, completed with the darkest sunglasses I've ever seen. He completed this "professional drug seller" look with black slightly wavy hair down to his shoulders.

Next we have Scott, who's simply Anderson but stupider. You may know him as "The Play SQUIP." In my opinion, he looked the dumbest. Short black hair, a white shirt, black vest and black jeans. Under an oversized black trench coat. He tried. He really did.

Next up was Jason, who was definitely attracting the most odd looks. He had fluffy black and white hair, and wore a white trench coat covered in a black circuit pattern. Because that's normal. I love him, but he has a strange fashion sense.

Then there was Stewart. He.. He was just himself. His hair was a nice mix of curly chaos and swept neatly. But I'm pretty sure everyone was questioning why he wore a holographic white jacket over a white vest, covered in a shiny black circuit pattern much like Jason's coat.

And finally, we have Molly. She joined the group pretty late and was deactivated a few hours later. Her hair was a mix of brown and white, and swept to one side. She wore a shiny black trench coat.

So yeah. We weren't the most normal-looking group, but we could look weirder. Still, I didn't appreciate the looks we got. We had more SQUIPs with us, but they seemed to all be somewhere else. Other schools, probably. Maybe other countries. Either way, they weren't with us.

Now, you're probably wondering how we got here. Obviously, we were SQUIPs. But, as punishment for fucking up so badly, we were transformed into human teenagers. We despised it.

Molly seemed a bit awkward, being the only female that had been brought to our group. "Y'know, you don't have to feel weird around us." I reassured her. "I am not feeling weird." She growled to me quietly. I wasn't in sync with her anymore, but it was pretty easy to read her expressions.

"You're a terrible liar." I told her. "Oh, as if you're any better!" She stopped watching the floor to stare at me. Her stare terrified me. I knew she could destroy me if she wanted. "Actually, I am." I decided. "Please, you-" She began again.

"Shut up," Anderson spoke up, clearly exhausted with us. "Just shut up. Both of you." We decided to shut up. Anderson could be the most peaceful of us, but he could also be the most violent.

We kinda decided that he was the group's leader. He was the first truly functional SQUIP, shortly followed by Scott. Speaking of Scott, we didn't exactly know how we picked his name.

He didn't have a name for the longest time, so we started scrolling through the list of characters Keanu Reeves has played. We eventually found a character named Scott, and our Scott decided that was a good name. Anderson chose his name because he has memorized each and every Matrix movie. I would call him a nerd, but we all did.

We continued down the hallway. Jason had found a rock to kick. In general, our group was completely and utterly lost. None of us were sure what exactly to do. We were used to watching from afar. We were used to being able to predict what would happen next. Now all of that was thrown away.