Screams in the Night

"Can I get a magazine or something?" Mickie breaks the uncomfortable silence. "Or at least see if Tony has found a way to charge my phone so I can watch a movie or something." She looks out the observation window and sees that Tony and Loki have returned. Steve goes out to join them.

"I'm having a room prepared for her. She's to be released."
"Are you sure about that?" Asked Fury.

Tony is legitimately startled, "Fury! I forgot you were here. Yes, she's harmless."

"I'm not yet convinced." Fury looks back at the girl who sticks her tongue out at him.  Loki snickers.

"I'll release her." Loki goes into the room.

"Hey Loki!" she perks up.

"Hello, Pet, I'm here to release you."

"Yes!" she fist pumps "uh, can I get something to change in to and a little privacy?"

"I'm sure Wanda can help with that." He turns to the observation window and Wanda gives a thumbs up and runs off.

Loki rubs his hand over his face as he contemplates how to ask his next question. "Darling?"

"Yes, Loki?"

"You have a lot of pictures of me, and I was wondering how you obtained them?"

Mickie blushes, "Well, you can find anything on the internet." Loki looks shocked. "Oh...you mean the ones where you aren't exactly dressed, right? Well, in my reality, you, slash the actor who portrays you, was voted Sexiest Man Alive so there's quite a bit of beefcake out there."

Through the open door, they can distinctively hear Thor's cough.

"It's okay, Big Guy." Mickie shouts to him. "There are plenty of shirtless Thor pictures too." She and Loki burst into laughter.

"Looks like I actually beat you at something, Brother!" Loki shouts to Thor teasingly.

Wanda returns with a pair of jeans and a tank top. "Once they let you leave the compound, we can go shopping!" she says with enthusiasm.

"Sounds fun, but I don't have any money."

"Oh, don't worry, it's all on Tony."

Tony cocks an eyebrow.

"For now, we'll go by my room and pick out a few things and then I'll show you to your room."

"Cool."

Later, Mickie lays on her bed in silence.  She looks around the room.  It certainly is a lot nicer than her old rooming house digs back in her reality. Tony had assured her that there were no cameras in the bedroom, but she still feels like a fish in a fishbowl.  Fury is definitely not happy that she is free to roam around.  The only thing that bothers her now, is what do they plan to do with her.

Tony still has her phone, but Loki has a huge collection of books and loaned her a couple of his favorites. She curls up under the blankets and is soon asleep before she even finishes the first page.
~~~~~~~~~
Loki lays in bed. "What an amazing woman." He says to himself. "Why do I feel this tightness in my chest when I think about her." He sits up in bed. "Don't go soft!" he admonishes himself. "You're a bloody God!"

He rolls out of bed and begins to pace around his room continuously running his fingers through his raven hair, his bare chest rising and falling as he breathes deeply.  He walks out on to his balcony.  The night is cool, but it isn't like he feels the cold anyway.  No one had ever said such words about him.  Her room is next to his.  He glances over at her balcony noting how easy it would be for him to leap over.  He runs his hands through his hair again and turns on his heel and goes back into his room.