Versailles

"Loki, you have a Ferrari." She says deadpan. "Of course, you do. Why would I expect anything less?"

Loki grins as he assists her into the car.

"I feel like my ass is sitting on the ground."

"Your beautiful ass is sitting on fine Italian leather my sweet. The best that can be found on Midgard."

"I still feel like I'm sitting in a pancake. And does it also have to be red? We're supposed to be keeping a low profile, baby. This car screams for attention."

"Do you want to take one of the other cars instead?"

"Other cars?" she goggles at him. "You have more than one?"

"I have four cars, a boat and a motorcycle." Her ears perk up.

"Motorcycle?" He helps her out of the car and walks her to the other side of the garage. "Holy shit, Loki! You own a Ducati!?"

"You seem impressed, Pet."

"Impressed? I'm creaming in my pants!" She straddles the deep green and black machine. "This! We are taking this!" she exclaims.

Loki chuckles. "As the lady wishes." He hands her a helmet and mounts the bike. She immediately wraps her arms around him. He can feel how fast her heart is beating. "Now, off to a palace fit for the queen you are." Loki starts the bike and roars out onto the Parisian streets.

~~~~~~~~~

Clint struggles against his bonds, but he is wedged in tight in the locker. Making him even more uncomfortable was that it smells of old socks.

"How humiliating."

"I agree." Comes a voice from outside the locker. Suddenly there is a burst of energy as the lock is blown away and the door is ripped from the locker.

Clint falls out on to the floor.

"Hold still." Clint's bonds are cut away with laser precision. He rises, stretches his stiffened muscles and rubs the knot that had formed on the side of his head where Bucky had hit him.

Tony raises his Iron Man suit mask. "Remind me again what you are known for? Your ability to track a target without being seen, is it? You might want to seek a refresher course in your spy skills."

"Very funny, Tony."

"Do you have any idea where they are going?" Tony asks exasperated.

"No, they caught me before I had a chance to hear their destination. Plus, I know this guy. Tony, he is notorious for not filing flight plans. He's the son of one of Cap and Bucky's old army buddies, Gabriel Jones, died a hero's death fighting Hydra."

"So, were back to square one."

"No, were not."

"What do you mean, Barton?"

"We know that Bucky is working with Nat and Steve. Now, Nat will never break, but Steve can't lie. Sooner or later, he will give something away."

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, Loki, Versailles is gorgeous. Too bad we don't have time to take a tour."

"One day we will return, my love." Replies Loki as he scans the crowds. He was never very comfortable in large groups of people and the busload of loud German tourists is starting to irritate him.

Mickie tugs gently on his arm and Loki can see Bucky approaching. "Who's that with Bucky?" she asks.

"I don't know." Says Loki, narrowing his eyes.

Bucky, sensing Loki's discomfort, begins the introductions.

"Cool your jets there Loki. This is Gage. His dad served with me and Cap during World War II. He's going to help us."

Loki blinks in disbelief. He's just not accustomed to so many people trying to help him or support him in his cause.

Bucky continues, "How did you guys get here? You didn't teleport did you Loki?"

Mickie turns and points at the motorcycle. "We came on that."

Bucky's jaw drops. "Shit, Loki, is that a Ducati?"

"It sure is!" Mickie jumps in. "Rides like a dream! He has a whole garage full of expensive toys – Ferrari, Fiskars, Porsche..." She looks back at Loki who is narrowing his eyes at her. "But now, I'm just bragging..." She trails off.

Gabe runs his appreciative fingers over the machine

Gabe runs his appreciative fingers over the machine. "A Panigale V4S, dealer price around $29 to 30 thousand." Gabe says with reverence. "This is a racing bike! You race, Loki?"

"From time to time." Loki replies.

Bucky begins peppering Loki with questions about torque and horsepower.

"All you boys need are beers in your hands and the male bonding ritual will be complete." Mickie laughs.

Bucky pats Loki on the back. "My opinion of you just rose significantly, Mischief." Loki smiles nervously. "We better get you guys and this gorgeous machine below ground and out of sight. I wouldn't be surprised if Stark is using his military satellites to look for us. Those things can find a fly on a cow's ass."

After much pleading, Loki allows Gabe to ride the bike to the secret entrance of the long-abandoned Hydra base.

"This was one of the first bases your dad joined me and Steve in destroying." Bucky told Gabe. "Your dad took out three guards right over there." He points at an overgrown guardhouse. "He could do anything – expert shot – but I think he took a particular liking to the hand-to-hand stuff. He liked to look his enemy in the eye."

"I can respect that." Says Loki and Gabe beams with pride.

"He taught me everything I know." Says Gabe. "He has big shoes to fill. I just hope I do him proud."

"I'm sure you will, Gabe." Mickie says. She can feel the hurt radiating from Loki. His father had not been forthcoming with praise. She rubs his arm in silent support.

"We did quite a number on this base almost eighty years ago. I suspect there may be some structural integrity problems up top, but the lower levels may still be sound. Hydra built their bases pretty solid."

With a team effort of Bucky's arm and Loki's godly strength, they pull the old, rusted blast doors open. Ghosts walk the corridors ahead of them as they pass by doors that haven't been opened in decades.

"Why are the lights still on?" Mickie asks. "Are we sure this place is abandoned?"

"When the Red Skull acquired the Tesseract, he used it's energy to power the bases. You know, he was quite the genius if he wasn't totally bonkers." Bucky makes the international symbol for crazy with his finger. "It's why I thought of the base once I knew where you two were. It's safe, secure, and if your powers go wacko again, doll, you won't hurt any innocent people."

"What about you guys?" Mickie asks.

"Ain't none of us here with you what you would call innocent, shorty." Pipes in Gage.

"I intend to help train her in the use of her powers." Loki adds.

"We don't even know what my powers are Loki."

"Then we shall discover them together."