•1•

2nd Block

A few minutes before class, Marc glances at the board.

'Flip your books to page 36'

What?! We're supposed to have our textbooks today?!

Trying not to have his classmates see his imminent breakdown, he rushes out of the classroom. The hallways are pretty much empty with only a couple minutes before lessons. Marc hates getting in trouble, but even more, how easily he becomes nervous.

Quickly trying to come up with a solution or even an excuse, he notices a textbook hardly visible in the small crack of a not fully closed locker. Before thinking, he hastily throws open the locker door to reveal a mathbook. Realizing what he's doing, he freezes.

I can't just take someone else's textbook! No, there has to be another way.

Before he can think, the bell rings, and in a panic, he snatches the book and rushes into class. Sitting down with shame, he flips to the designated page.

It should be fine. As long as I return it to the locker, they won't kno-

Immediately caught to the illustrations on the smooth pages, Marc's eyes glide over them, captivated by the beautiful sketches covering every space. He's filled with awe with each pencil line he examines. Mesmerized, he slowly flips another page, hoping to find more art until...

"Marc, are you focusing?" The teacher interrupts his once calm thoughts.

"O-oh yes, sorry," he stutters and begins taking notes. Pausing, Marc flips to the inside cover of the textbook, finding the name of this mysterious artist.

5th Block

When Nathaniel flips his textbook open to the assigned page, he notices a few shavings of blue eraser laying in the seams.

Huh? He stares at his typical pink pearl eraser.
Coming to the understanding someone must have used his book, a realization dawns on him. As he starts to madly flip through, Nathaniel's anxiety grows imagining that someone even glimpsed his stupid doodles. He flys through all the pages, cringing at every drawing.

Learning the pages for tomorrow, he writes a message to the unidentified violator.

Next Day - 2nd Block

I can't believe I forgot my textbook again!
Marc groans in his head, taking Nathaniel's from the locker.

Feeling guilty, he opens the book to today's page, revealing something written. He peers closer and reads,
why are you using my book

...

WHAT