🍻 9

About a half-hour later, Seungmin is standing in front of Miroh, heart hammering in his chest.

When he was driving here, he was so excited to go show off his new look to everyone. Now that he is here, however... this is nerve-wracking. Everyone is going to judge him, everyone is going to think he's gone crazy- but he's here. This is his life, his rules.

Yeah, just how it should be.

Taking a deep breath, he tries to take a step forward, but his body refuses to move. Good boys don't tromp around like a slut, they would go home right now in shame.

Bile churns in his stomach as these dark thoughts plague the recesses of his mind. He should be confident. He has new hair. A new outfit. He felt so good about himself. Why is he-

Before Seungmin can finish questioning himself, his phone buzzes and he sees a text from Hyunjin.

'Hey, everything ok?' it says.

Just a simple one, but those mere three words ground the anxiety building up inside of him, centering his focus as he breathes. Feeling a lot better, he types a reply, cheeks puffing up as he blows a stray fringe away from his vision.

You
Hey, yes everything's okay
:D

Hyunjin
Alright, I'll take your word for it
Anyway, I'm still at Miroh
Just an FYI ;)

Seungmin can't help the small smile that tugs uselessly at his lips before he puts his phone away.

Okay, it's now or never.

***

The moment he walks in, a quiet hush settles throughout the place.

All eyes are on Seungmin, and the questions and gossip start to swell into whispers and rumors. One of the locals he has known since childhood stares at him like she doesn't recognize him at all.

"Oh my gosh..." Shocked and awed, Chaeryeong reaches out to tap her sister's arm several times. "Who is that? Is he new?"

"No, he's not, that's Seungmin!" Chaeyeon nearly squeals with delight as she waves for him to join them at the bar. "Seungmin, you have to come sit with us!"

Seungmin blinks, flattered by the amount of attention. It's going to be okay, he reminds himself. The best thing to do when you're nervous is to put on a smile.

With all the confidence he can muster, he breathes out and puts on his biggest smile as he walks over to them.

"Look at his hair, Chae! Isn't it gorgeous?"

"And that outfit, wow, you don't wear outfits like this, Seungmin!"

"You look different."

"What inspired this change?"

As the girls croon over his transformation, Seungmin grins and gives them a casual shrug. "I guess I was inspired by a need to change. I mean, I've had my old style since I was seven. It's time for a change, right?"