Entry 1 (back story) The Day I Get The Journal

The Counselor said I should keep a journal. So I'll start from the beginning.

My name is Ivory Victoria Jones, and this is the story of my not so average life.

"I don't understand how writing my feelings down is any different than you hearing them verbally. Dr. Greenbrier, I am a 14 girl. I do ok in school, and I'm perfectly ok. I have an average boring life. My childhood is the only interesting part of my story." I sigh, frantically hoping I could leave soon. I tug on my hair while the doctor watches me. She is clearly struggling to come to a conclusion. Finally, she clutches the edge of her desk, sighs, and then begins to plead with me.
"Ivory, please try to understand. I am your counselor. You had a very traumatic childhood. I'm only here to help. You went through childhood with very bad things happening, and then went through 2 years of foster care. You don't talk about any of it. I know you don't trust me, but maybe if you say your life as words on a page, you would be more open to talking to me!?" She is very frustrated, but she does have a point. Maybe I'll even write it as a story.
"Okay, Amy. I'll make a story out of it. I won't write the 'Dear Diary' crap. If it's going to be a journey. I'll start from the beginning." I grabbed the journal and started to walk out of the room when I heard Dr. Greenbrier stand behind me. I slowly turned around, only to be met with a confused but comforting gaze.
"Dr. Greenbrier, Ivory. Call me Dr. Greenbrier." She said kind of sadly. She knew I only called her Amy when I wanted to get away from her. But, I did something I have never done before. I smiled at her. I smiled and walked away.