Gift (story writing competition)

It was such a beautiful day. The sun shone brighter than usual. The birds were chirping, which sounded just like a beautiful melody. The day was so bright and everything was just peaceful. A gentle winter breeze blows, caressing my cheeks, I felt so refreshed, not just by this beautiful weather but by the person holding me right now.

This beautiful women who has her hands tightly wrapped around me, one of her hands lovingly brushing my hair, reminding me that its okay to be upset, that it's okay to be sad my feelings are valid and that even if a problem seems small to me if it hurts then it hurts and no one has the rights to tell me how to feel.

I'm Luna Foreman an 19 year old who recently graduated from highschool and this kind women sitting infront of me is Crystal Garcia. She's 22 and she's majoring law right now she is everything anyone can wish for pretty, smart, kind, sweet, loving and a dork. My dork. And I love her to the moon and back.

It breaks my heart to know that even in this beautiful weather with the person I love the most all I can do is just wrap my arms around them and weep. People are cruel and so is this world. My parents kicked me out today after I came out to them just because I like women? I've never did anything wrong I was always the typical good daughter my parents always wanted and even so they still kicked me out just because of who I love?

Why does it always have to end with a guy and a girl falling in love. This is my story and sure, it's not typical but who I love does not define who I am.
Crystal brings me joy and she makes me the happiest I have ever been and if she can love me as much as I love her, then I truly believe gender doesn't matter.

I believe every story has a "moral" and in my story I'll have my own. The moral of the story is that the biggest gift in life lies within you, you have a voice so use it, love who you want, gender, age and skin color is not something that should interfere with your emotions, so be true to your self that's the best gift life has to offer.

And I found my gift but have you?

By Farista Chowdhury

Anyway so does anyone want my grades next to the name or sum because it'll probably give y'all a better idea of what y'all would get
N since I have a very strict teacher who never gives us "good marks" it'll be accurate and I'm literally the only one who scores the highest each time and I've never scored more than a 24/30