Quick Getaway

Copyright ©

*September - 10/09/2021*
Chapter started: 22/09/2021
Chapter Completed: 22/09/2021

▨Unedited▨

𑁍❦𑁍

~ Chapter 8 ~

~ Quick Getaway ~

Back in the cock-pit, Han and Chewie maneuvered hastily around the tight space, their minds still reeling from the small conversation they had with Gwen

Back in the cock-pit, Han and Chewie maneuvered hastily around the tight space, their minds still reeling from the small conversation they had with Gwen. It was no surprise to them when they heard her speak of the creature and the idea that Kestal was the one responsible for it's appearance, but regardless of whether they expected it or not, they still didn't like seeing the young woman so distraught.

"Hard at work, I see." A smooth feminine voice rang out from the door way, catching both the scoundrel and the Wookie off guard. Turning his head to the right, Han made brief eye contact with Ashley.

"I'm just trying to get us out of this mess!" He exclaimed, immediately sitting back down into his own chair and taking control of the steering wheel.

The falcon shook hard with all the hits it was taking, causing Ashley to sway roughly from side to side. "Woah! Jesus... What are we gonna do?" Her voice was laced with tension as she observed the view before her.

"For starters, sit down." Han stated urgently, Chewbacca groaning in agreement.

Just as Ashley took a seat behind Chewbacca, Leia came rushing in with C3PO hot on her heels.

"Great. It's a party," Snickered Han sarcastically as he scrutinised the lack of space inside his own piloting area, "Why don't we get Gwen back in here too?"

"Why are we still taking damage?" Leia enquired sharply, completely ignoring Han's sour quips.

"We're trying to sort it out, your 'highness'. So, if you would please sit down out of the way, I will be extremely happy and won't try and throw you out." Han, one again, shot out in annoyance.

Rolling her eyes distastefully, Leia took a seat behind the frustrated brunet, her eyes now scanning the two Star-Destroyers coming into view with worry.

Suddenly, the Falcon jolted violently, causing everyone to fall backwards in their seats; 3PO falling on top of Ashley, causing her to shriek at the unpleasant weight pinning her legs and shoulders to the chair.

"I am so sorry, Miss Ashley. I seemed to have lost my balance."

"You don't say," she strained, all the while attempting to push the metal droid off of her lap, "could you get off of me? I'm being squished!"