The Search

Copyright ©

(Images not mine!)

*March - 13/03/2021*

Chapter Completed: 26/03/2021

▨Unedited▨

𑁍❦𑁍

~ Chapter 2 ~
~ The Search ~

Question: Have you seen the Mandalorian? What are your thoughts about it?

⪻⨳⪼

"She said what!?" Han's voice rung through the hangar sharply, eliciting intrigued looks from the other rebels in the bustling space.

"She said that she's going to look for Luke," Leia replied, her temper wearing thin, "And that you're going with her."

After the news of Luke's disappearance had spread through the base, Han decided that he was going to go and search for him. However, as he was informing Leia of his plans, he didn't expect Leia to pair him up with Gwen. He knew exactly why Gwen wanted to go and rescue Luke from wherever he was, but the thought of having to babysit her along the way caused him to furrow his brow in slight irritation.

"Tell her, no. I'm not gonna go out there with her trailing behind me the entire way - it's too dangerous!" Han couldn't help but raise his voice in protest at the idea of Gwen tagging along. Even though Gwen had grown to learn how to protect herself the past couple of years, he still wasn't sure whether letting her go out into the storm was a good idea, especially since the pinnacle of her motivation was lost out there somewhere. The risk of not finding Luke was high, and Han knew that if he let Gwen search Hoth's surface with him, there could be a chance that she may break if they don't ever find him.

With these thoughts weighing heavily on his mind, he let out a sigh of frustration knowing that the red-headed woman was going to join him whether he liked it or not.
"Fine," He breathed out reluctantly, before signalling towards himself with his thumb pointedly,  "But if we don't find Luke, It's not on me!"

Just as she was about to reply to Han's statement, Leia was suddenly interrupted by a soft honeyed voice, "We'll find him."

The pair looked over to the owner of the voice to see Gwen already geared up and ready to go, her long coppery curls pinned back into an intricate bun atop her head. She looked over the two with determined eyes, "We'd better get going, the temperature is dropping fast."

Giving Leia one last meaningful look, Han followed after Gwen towards the stables where they each prepared their Tauntauns and ventured into the icy blizzard outside.

⪻⨳⪼

"I can't see a thing!" Gwen yelled over to Han who was busy scouting the area with his binoculars. The snow fall was heavy and the wind had picked up tremendously making it tougher for them to push through the hilly terrain.

"You said it sister - I'm not picking up a darn thing!" Han replied, his dark coat now layered in ice.

"How far could Luke have gone? Wasn't he only supposed to do the circumference of the base?" Gwen asked with her eyebrows furrowed, wondering just how far Luke could have gone whilst knowing the dangers of straying from the base.