Bucky's Present

A/N-More focused on Bucky and Steve but Peter still has a big role

There was a slight knock-on Peter's door and a voice. "Hey Pete? Can I come in?" Steve asked. "Sure," Peter replied. Steve walked in, and something caught Peter's eyes right away. "You have a-" Peter screamed but was quickly shushed by Steve. "Be quiet. It's a surprise for Bucky," Steve said. "Oh, my goodness, Uncle Steve! It's adorable!" Peter whisper-yelled, grabbing it and cuddling it. "Uncle Bucky is going to love it!" Peter said. "I know. But I need a favour. I would ask Tony, but we all know how bad he is at keeping secrets. So, you can't tell anyone. I mean it! Now, you think you can make it before Bucky's birthday, next week? I was hoping you could make it look just like Bucky's, so they could match," Steve asked. Peter looked down, seeing immediately what was needed. He furiously nodded. Then frowned. "What are you going to do till next week?" He asked. Steve smiled. "I have a friend who I can take care of it till then," Steve said. Peter nodded. "I'll get straight to work!" he said. Steve chuckled. "You got all week buddy," Steve said. "I know," Peter said smiling.

Peter spent all of his free time working on Bucky's present. He thoroughly enjoyed working on it. He struggled keeping it a secret but he managed. It was especially hard keeping it from Tony, because he walked in on Peter multiple times. So, Peter had to cover it up, saying he was making a more efficient and cheaper replica that could help people with disabilities. That got him thinking. He could actually do that and help lots more people. So, while working on Bucky's present. He was also making something that could potentially save someone.

Then came the big day. They didn't do much, because they knew Bucky wouldn't really like it, but the day was definitely still special. Then came presents. Peter and Steve were last. Peter disappeared to go and get Bucky's present. "Buck, I think you will like this. Peter helped with the mechanical parts of it," Steve said. Then Peter walked back in and handed Bucky's present to him. "I found him in a shelter. He was missing a leg, so I had Peter make one. Buck, say hello to Daisy, your new puppy," Steve announced.

It had been a full 2 minutes and still Bucky was staring down at Daisy, in disbelief. "Do you like her?" Steve asked, a bit nervous. Bucky slowly nodded. "Steve..., thank you. I've always wanted a dog. She's perfect," Bucky finally said lifting his head. Bucky gently moved the puppy to the couch and stood up. Bucky wrapped his arms around Steve and he returned the hug. "Your welcome Buck," Steve said.