Chapter 8

Simon was lost for words with everything Wilhelm had said, he looked at Wilhelm. Both of them in tears. Simon brought him into another hug not being able to deny the innocent touch he craved. Wilhelm happily hugged him back, relieved that Simon didn't instantly walk out or reject him. Simon stayed in Wilhelm's arms trying to catch his breath from his crying, his body still wasn't fully awake or recovered either. Wilhelm stood there half holding up Simon in the hug while they both took a moment to settle down from their tears.

"I want to be with you.." Simon said into Wilhelm shoulder as they held one another. "But I-"

"Please don't say but-" Wilhelm held Simon tighter. He didn't want to let go. He didn't want to lose him.

Simon rethought his next words again. "I can't be your secret. I can't be someone who you hide, I've told you this. I can't be another lie Wilhelm. It's not fair to me." He said and finally their grips on one another loosened as they slowly pulled away.

"You won't be forever. I plan on finding a way, I told you that. I just need to find a way that won't be so damaging-"

"To you?" Simon asked

"To the both of us.." Wilhelm sighed and took Simon's hands. "Being in the press again is going to be a lot, and I know it's already affected your life a lot. There's not going to be an easy way, I know that. But I don't want easy if it means I can't have you. I will tell the world or let them assume what they want, but I have to find a way that my family, you, me, and your family- everyone involved does not get hurt. I-"

"Okay." Simon said cutting him off and finally caving in, he wanted to be with Wilhelm.

Wilhelm paused looking at him kinda shocked. They stared at each other, Wilhelm's heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest. Simon looked as if he took a chance in on a game of poker.

"But I have a condition." Simon sighed and Wilhelm was eager yet anxious to see what he had to do to get Simon back. You could see his eyes filled with sadness, but determination. He hoped that it was something he could achieve.

"If you do something like what you did again, you will not get another chance." Simon was holding back tears once again. This time they were from anger, and from him giving into something he has been wanting for months. "You- you cannot-" His voice was shaky, "You cannot pull that shit again. Promise me right here, right now. You won't do that to me again." Simon said and was looking at Wilhelm in his eyes, Wilhelm felt a tremendous amount of pain in this moment. Both of their chests heavy, as one was sharing through every motion of their body the pain the other had causes them, while the other boy watched the one he loved finally share how much he truly hurt them.

"I promise." Wilhelm said, "I will never do it again." He said this letting a tear run down his cheek once again and nodding. "I promise Simin.... I promise." The last one words were shaky and he was clearly in a pit of anxiety now from this whole conversation, but everything was worth it. Simon was worth the battle he was facing with himself, Simon was worth fighting the intrusive thoughts. Especially for this next moment.

Simon almost jolted into his arms, but hesitated, after a moment of relief and looking at the window. The curtains were closed, but that is how they would have to be for now. Behind the curtains.

He ran into Wilhelm's arms and they held one another so tightly, it was like they were going to pop the other. They pulled apart and looked at each other for a split second before locking lips. The kiss was something they both had been craving from one another for a long time, and when they had finally separated they were hit with the realization of, "What are we going to do now?"

"I need to get back home." Simon finally spoke, not wanting to have this conversation now. Just wanting to pretend for one moment that maybe this would not be as bad as it seems.

"Yeah-" Wilhelm ran his fingers through his hair. "Don't forget your hoodie." He said pointing to it on the bed.

Simon smirked, slightly biting his lip as he moved to the window to sneak out. "Keep it." he said about to leave, but Wilhelm stopped him.

"It's too cold for you not to have a hoodie." Wilhelm spoke and Simon's heart was sinking before Wilhelm handed him his Hillerska hoodie. "Take it. It won't be too suspicious either. You can tell people you saved up your own money to buy your own. Tell your mom you left the house early to pick it up for the new semester." This all made Simon smile and kiss Wilhelm once more before putting on the hoodie to leave.

They both looked out the window and Simon stepped out and looked up at Wilhelm inside. There was surprisingly no one around, probably due to the cold weather. "I promise it won't be like this forever." Wilhelm said to him and Simon looked away flustered. "Goodbye." Simon said quickly and Wilhelm waved him goodbye as they both went their separate ways.

Wilhelm took a moment to understand that what just happened happened. He moved Simon's hoodie to his own bed where he placed it under his comforter. He smiled slightly at the thought before going to his phone, and texting Simon. 'Tell me when you make it home safe please.'

Wilhelm closed his phone, but opened it again, looking at the contacted name. Simon, he deleted it and changed it. Boyfriend. He smiled at it, but flipped his hair back before deleting it once again. He changed it, ❤️.

Wilhelm smirked at it slightly at the change closing his phone again. He put his arms behind his head and looked at the ceiling. "Well- I'm screwed." he said aloud with a sigh. 

*

*

*

*

((A/N: I am officially on winter break, sorry an update took so long. I hope you guys like it. Hopefully I will be able to update now that I am on break. School and life just got really hectic. Anyways, thank you for reading! Hope you are having/ had a good day!))