Escape From LA

TW: gunplay, gun

guess who was my #1 artist this year on spotify... it was the weeknd, of course. also bruh I do not understand when people make comments on how I spell eren's last name 🤨 like what who cares enough to comment 😭 keep that shit to urself idgaf 

super nervous posting this. hope everyone enjoys. next chapter is going to be fucking CRAZY (for me anyway). can you guess what new male character will be introduced :) ?

With your heartbeat pounding in your ears, you sink to the floor—angry tears welling in your eyes. Is that really how he feels? Really? Nausea rolls over in your stomach, and you slide down against the door, hugging your knees to your chest. Was he so disgusted by just a kiss? Even though his tongue had practically been on every part of your body, he had the nerve?

"No, no. Don't let a man invade your emotions like this, Y/N." You mutter to yourself, trying to keep it together. There had been times when you wondered what his reaction would be if you asked him what exactly you were to him. For some reason, the most common response you could imagine was him laughing at you, asking if you were serious. 

Inhaling and exhaling slowly, you take a minute to calm yourself down and shove the memory of him wiping his mouth as far down as it will go. You get back to your feet and tread to your bed, flopping down face first, sighing as you glance at the time. 

What have I gotten myself into? Feeling helpless, warm tears drop onto your sheets. As much as you wanted to keep it as friends with benefits, it would be impossible to continue ignoring your feelings for him. How long can a person go without slipping up or confessing? Bottling the affection you want to give him is the hardest thing you've had to do, and it's something that you'll have to keep doing if this continues. 

You don't hear from Eren until you finish your Series exams, which you figured would happen. You emailed him with attached files of your outstanding scores, sounding professional as ever. He got back to you almost immediately—as if he was waiting for word from you. 

"Wonderful scores. Would you rather your interview be in Seattle or NYC? Where you interview will likely be the city you will stay in for the job unless something unexpected happens. For your information, I'm mostly in NYC, and I'd love to have you on my team."

As much as you want to distance yourself from him, you can't help but pick the choice that has the higher probability to end horribly.

He emails you back with dates, times, a hotel, and flights. It's a few days after your graduation, which is next week. You thank him for the opportunity and express how excited you are. He tells you that he can't wait to see you again, and the communication stops there since you're unsure how to reply. 

Knowing you'll get the job, you begin to look up apartments in the area of the company building. You wish your stay would be fun and games the whole time there, but now is the time to tour places with ridiculous rent. It's a tedious task, but you already had a few possibilities saved on your laptop. 

You blink, and you're at your college graduation, smiling for a photo with Deja and holding up your degree. Her eyes are glossy and pink from crying, telling you about how proud she is of you. With your stomach doing flips, you hug her tightly, not wanting to let go too soon. 

"I can't believe you're going to be so far away." She frowns, fluttering her eyelids at you. Of course, her being the beach volleyball player she was, she wanted to stay on the sunny west coast. 

"Don't be so sad; we'll be in touch." You smile softly to her, reassuringly. 

Arriving at your apartment after a long night out with friends and light drinking, you wobble to your door, seeing a rather large package awaiting you.