Smalltown Boy

so mad w how many times i said 'hand' in this :l
eren is a freak and i tried something newww-ish w this one lets see how it goes
song for this chapter is "love bites" by def leppard

Seattle was colder than you expected. For the three days, you'd be there, and it was predicted to rain and be cold each day. You headed to the airport immediately after your last class on Friday, from sunny LA to bitter Seattle. If there was one thing you looked forward to, it was Eren picking you up from the airport. Excited as you were, your hands were icy cold, and you began only to anticipate the warmth of the car.

"Oh, I see you!" Eren shouted into his phone as his car was now visible to you. He hangs up, and you push your phone into your pocket, wishing he would drive a little faster. You throw your carry-on into the backseat and join Eren in the front, exhaling with relief when finally seated. "Hey." He greets you with a cheeky grin, arms outstretched. You hadn't expected any physical contact from him, but who are you to decline? You push your head into his chest and wrap your arms around his torso.

"Good to see you." You tell him, hiding your face within your jacket after retracting back to your seat. It's been a month, after all. Would you look different to him? Is he expecting anything from you? "What's the plan?" He had been keeping the itinerary a secret ever since he proposed this weekend trip.

"Hungry?" He leans back in his seat as you depart the airport. "I have food at my place I can whip up. Also, would you mind making a pit-stop at a dispensary?"

"Would love to." You don't want to oppose his choices since he had made an effort to pay for your flights and care for you the entire weekend. You're relieved that you had nothing to stress about for now. Eren mindlessly pats the steering wheel along with the song on the radio. He then chimes in with the lyrics, having no shame when singing a Nelly Furtado song. Maybe it had been because you hadn't seen him in a while, but he seemed more admirable than usual. It's easy to stare at him, adoring every single thing he does.

"Stay here." He orders, parked in front of the dispensary. You nod, fidgeting with your phone. You sink in your seat, so only your eyes were visible to an outsider. Your eyes follow Eren as he interacts with the employees inside, smiling and nodding. He glances out to the car but doesn't see you watching him like a hawk. As he exits, you turn forward, not to raise any suspicion. "Is blue dream okay? It was the most popular strain, so I was like 'whatever.'"

"I'm okay with anything." You affirm as he places the baggie in your lap. Raindrops begin to tap on the car lightly. You really could not wait to be in the warmth of a luxurious apartment. Eren turns his head to the side, admiring how bundled up you are.

"Okay." He reaches over, pinching your cheek with his index and middle fingers. "I cannot wait to devour you."

"Eren!" You shout in surprise at his sudden change of tone, casting him a taken aback gawk. He looks at you innocently, eyes wide. "Treat me to dinner first or something, damn!" He ignores you, happily humming to himself, tied up in his imagination. He seems to be in a great mood, which wasn't uncommon, but he certainly made you feel at ease. He was a reminder that you didn't have to be so tightly strung.

Standing outside of Eren's apartment, you rock back and forth on your heels and toes, swiveling your carry-on around your body as you wait for him to unlock the door. He mutters something along the lines of 'I always fucking confuse these keys,' and the door then swings open, Eren standing to the side with an achieved smile.

"My liege," he bows, plucking the carry-on free of your hands as you enter—trying not to question what he pays for rent. You slip out of your shoes, leaving them near the door, and hang your jacket. Feeling a presence directly behind you, you turn on your heel and collide with Eren. You go to apologize, but he interrupts by planting his lips onto yours, his hands firmly holding onto your shoulders. You melt into the sudden kiss, wondering what had Eren in such an affectionate mood. "Sorry. I missed you." Muttering, he breaks away but keeps his face close to yours.