Prologue

So this is my first fanfiction and I am really sensitive so please be nice. Also, at first the book is gonna be confusing and the writing will be stiff but bear with me, I promise it is on purpose. It will be more relaxed in a couple chapters, but right now it needs to be stiff.

Also, I suck at putting commas and periods in the correct place, so I apologize.

Please give me a chance!
- Author

Y/N POV:

I moved in with my older brother.  I' m going to college now - i specifically chose one close to his apartment, I missed him.

  It was the first day of college--- well, it was orientation. I Found it funny though.

    Two students tied first place in the exam, they are obviously both geniuses but polar opposites. One was pale as a ghost, dressed messily with black hair, and had no filter, I liked him he was interesting and funny. The other was a handsome man, he was wearing a suit and had light brown hair, he was very polite and composed, he looked oddly familiar and all the girls were already fangirling over him. When he was speaking i found out his name , it was, "Yagami Light, I know him, we went to the same high school. 

Its been two weeks since school started, I found a nice café that has really good pastries. I was  sitting in a booth in the back corner, I like watching people, observing them- figuring them out, they fascinate me. I saw the two geniuses sitting at a booth together, at first I thought they might have become friends but their atmosphere was intense, guarded, competitive.  If they do not like each other then why are they speaking?

I got a call at this moment.

My brother. He is a hacker, a really good one- he taught me everything. He often works with the government, he helps them out in some jobs.  "Hello, Y/n".

His grammar was odd. He feels guilty; "Adrian".

"I got a new gig, get this-"

"What?"

I am working with L the detective"

"You are shitting me. Right?"

"Nope"

"Well, Go on then- I am guessing you are working on the Kira case. How interesting. How did you end up-"

"He contacted me"

Adrian feels guilty.

I would ask how  he got the job, but it really doesn't matter.

"Anyways... I will be working with them a lot , I will not have much free time-"

So thats why he feels guilty. tch. what a softie

"oh"

I wasn't alone anymore now that I moved in but i guess that wont be much longer, It really isn't a big deal though.

"you're guilty for no reason, Im glad really. YOU ARE WORKING WITH THE FUCKING L- YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME THAT IS?!?!"

"oh ,yeah. I am really excited. You really are the best. Thank you"

He hung up.

we are both awkward on the phone.

I am happy for him, sure i am disappointed we will not spend as much time as I wanted us to - together. But he is happy about this job. Why should I ruin it?

Later on:

I have a technology class with Light, I was staring at him un- intentionally- that is when he looked me  directly in the eyes. His expression was unreadable. God this is so fucking embarrassing.  I hate it when people are self- aware a catch me staring. The audacity- whatever class is over anyways.

I looked a away and starting shoving my stupid papers on the bottom of my bag.

Light walked up to me

Shit!Shit! Shit! Shit! Could this get any more akward?

"Y/n. Did we go to the same school together?"

yes, it can get more akward.

"Well yeah, we are in the same class"

He rolled his eyes, he is being friendly but he is stiff- hiding something. He is hiding something. everybody is allowed to have secrets though.

"Tch. Smartass" he is teasing me

"Yes, i am smart, and my ass is extraordinary, thank you for the compliment"

He genuinely laughed. What the actual fuck is wrong with me?!!?! Why do I say such stupid things, I am having second hand embarrsement for myself, I will just go unalive now-

"would you like to grab a bite - I mean- To catch up and stuff"

we weren't even that close in high-school together , why the fuck would we need to catch up... I am so not in the mood. I don't want to be rude to the prince of our high-school and college, so, I guess I can go "catch up- and stuff", I'm so gonna embarrass myself again.

"Yeah, sure. I would love to grab a bite I know a great cafe too"

Now at the cafe

Lights pov

I remember l/n y/n 

They always fascinated me, They are very standoffish and calm- composed almost. Very quiet and introverted, expressionless, apathetic seeming but , when you have a one-on- one conversation with them  , they are fairly awkward and  cute. y/n never gave me much attention which made her not miserable, or obnoxious to be around.  But rather relaxing. Although I am Kira , a God, I am still human and i would like to be friends with l/n y/n . Close friends. Plus she is intelligent good with technology and reading people- potentially useful. Plus with her indifferent attitude i doubt she would even care if I am Kira. I am obviously not gonna tell her, but still.

"Are You okay? You zoned out its freaky"

Ryuk snickered at Y/N's comment. I zoned out . oops

I guess, i seem more human and relatable, thats good, I don't want to be stiff and unapproachable.

"Uhm, this is quite embarrassing" i scratched my head, I don't care that i zoned out, but i need to not be stiff.

She looked at my posture, she is reading something but i do not know what.

She softly laughed "Its okay, Its refreshing Knowing that somebody who seems so perfect can also be normal and human. This is quite funny actually"

This is why she fascinates me. She reacted the exact way I wanted, read my thoughts like a book. I dont know if she reacted that way purposefully or that was a genuine reaction.

Hahhahhah, This is funny, she is going to be fun, a good friend, I like this.