1:In the back of the taxicab.

*Ashton's Point Of View*

"Hey, Ashton!" Michael yelled as he ran up the stairs and into my room.

I put down my notebook and pencil, and directed my attention to him.

"Yes, Mr. Old Person?" I said in the most serious tone of voice that I could use.

"Mr. What?" He furrowed his right eyebrow, making his piercing look a bit weirder than usual.

"You have silver hair. Old people have silver hair. Could you please tell me why you called my name, Gordon?" My lips curled a little, turning my straight face into a slight grin.

"What the fuck? Did you just call me Gordon?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he came a little bit closer to me. "Anyway, what were you writing?" He questioned, trying to peek in my notebook.

I rolled my eyes. He's so childish sometimes, but to be honest, I am too.

"First; your favorite word really is fuck. Second; of course I used your middle name instead of your first. Last; I was writing a song. Don't worry about it, old fart." I teased and spun my chair around to face my desk. "How'd you get in?"

"Your mum let me in. Um, Luke and Calum wanted me to pick up a few things from the shops. I don't feel like going alone. Wanna go with me?" He then leaned over my chair, trying to see what was on my computer screen.

I turned my chair back around, but he didn't move, leaving us inches apart from each other. I backed away slightly

"No." I answered.

"No?" He said in a questioning tone, he was obviously hoping that I would answer 'yes', but I knew all to well that he was going to try to drag me along with him.

"No." I repeated, a sly smirk on my face.

"Shit. I thought you would say yes."

I got up and stood very close to him, leaving only a few inches between us.

"I know how that brain of yours works. I swear, it's like the hair dye you use seeps into your brain and makes you crazy." I turned around to fix a few things that were placed on my desk, then looked at him.

Oh no, not this again. He made puppy eyes, and seemed to be pouting. He's done this numerous times to get me to do things for him.

"Agh!" I threw my hands in the air then stuffed my phone and my wallet in my back pocket. "Come on."

He smiled wide and ran out my bedroom door, and stopped at the staircase.

"Meet you at the bottom." He smirked then, instead of walking down the stairs like a normal person would, he slid down the rails.

I chuckled and walked down the stairs.

"Slow poke." He complained when I finally reached the bottom.

-

We got in the cab only moments later, and shut the door. Michael instructed the driver to drive us to where we were going.

Suddenly, the driver took a quick sharp turn, and I somehow ended up in Michael's lap. Our hands brushed against one another's for only a second, we quickly pulled them back.

My heart was pounding more than it should, and I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. But, the feeling was not from the quick turn. It was from feeling a spark when my hand briefly brushed against Michael's. I don't know why, but I had a strong urge to touch his hand again, and I did. It was almost magical, but it seemed weird to me. How could I feel this way? Is this love? I couldn't be in love with my best friend.

We quickly pulled our hands back again, and I got off of Michael, and climbed into my previous seat.

"I uh.." I looked the opposite direction, trying to forget what had just happened. "I think we're here. Pay the driver, Mike." I was now refusing to look at him.

"Yeah..." He then paid the driver and got out.

He cleared his throat, probably to get my attention.

"We need to get going. We have lots of stuff to get."

I nodded and got out, shut the door, and walked inside the store with Michael.

"What are we getting?" I questioned.

"Uhh, well Luke wanted me to get some food, and Calum said he needed toilet paper.."

I chuckled at the last sentence. It really isn't all that funny, because everyone needs toilet paper, but I just needed to be distracted, and I let that be my distraction.

"Ashton, are you.. Are you okay?"

We were walking around in the store a little bit, and I kept trying to avoid looking at Michael.

"Ashton." He stopped, and I stopped. For the first time since our hands touched, we looked each other in the eyes. I never noticed how beautiful his hazel eyes are until now. We probably would have kept staring into each other's eyes if we could, but we were literally in the middle of the store, so we were probably getting in everybody's way.

"Oh my god! It's Ashton and Michael!" A short girl with jet black hair shouted. She seemed to be a teenager, but I wasn't very sure. But, it was obvious that she was a fan.

-

Later, we had gotten everything done, and took everything to Calum and Luke's house. Calum and Luke share a house, and always have either me or Michael running errands for them. We're kind of like their little minions or something. On the other hand, I still live with my mother, and Michael loves on his own, next door to me.

"Well, today was..." He paused, as if to think of what to say.

"Interesting." I completed his sentence.

"Yeah..."

We walked closer to each other, and after a few moments of staring into each other's eyes, we got closer, and closer, and our lips finally touched.

Before you knew it, we were making out.

"Ashton." I heard my mum call out from downstairs.

I quickly pulled away from Michael and ran downstairs.

"Yes ma'am?" I questioned.

"What do you want for-" She paused, and looked at my lips for a moment, then at me.

My lips were probably visibly wet from that sloppy wet kiss that I shared with Michael.

"Did you and Michael.." She trailed off. It seemed as if she could already tell that Michael and I were kissing.

I sighed and nodded my head unwillingly.

"Please, don't freak out." I said and she laughed softly.

"Freak out happily?" She asked.

I furrowed my brow.

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm happy for you Ashton. You have always seemed to like Michael. Now, you two are together." She was smiling wide.

I looked back, and Michael was standing at the bottom of the staircase. He stood still for a few moments, but rushed out the door. I looked at mum.

"We're not together. It was just a kiss." I said. "Don't tell anyone about what just happened."

I ran up the stairs.