Prolonged Stay

Hi everybody so it’s been a long time since I updated and I apologize for making everyone wait…anyways I’m going to continue because I love this story and there are a few of you that like it as well so I’ll keep going, So here’s the next chapter J

………………………………………………………………………………………….

            The next morning was a blur and a headache was forming from all the ambrosia I had drank from the night before.  I can only remember bits and pieces of laughter, music, and a dark gaze that held me in one place.  A gaze that led me to deep voice that comforted me in my dreams and told me forgotten secrets.  That voice had stayed in my thoughts and made me think of things that I would never have conjured by myself.  I was like the walking dead throughout the day and I finally regained my posture when I remembered that I had to return home to a furious mother who undoubtedly may take away my freedom for the next century.  All these things running through my head were stopping me from noticing the large chariot that was fast approaching and almost would have knocked me over, but thankfully Apollo was an observant god. 

Steading his steeds, he leapt over to where I was standing and embraced me with a laugh.

“You’re lucky I didn’t run you over!” Apollo beamed down at me as he always does and twirled me in the air.

“Don’t spin me, my head is pounding” I glowered at his bright face.

“Did we have a little too much fun last night?” Apollo smirked with a knowing look.

“Do you enjoy my pain?” I squealed with frustration.

“Calm down Poppy, there’s more to come if you’re staying here” He gazed down with a hopeful look.

“You know I hate that nickname and mother would never allow me to stay.” I glanced away

“Well you can always try to be rebellious and you can find a bottle of medicine to help with your headache at Dionysius’s place, I need to go” He jumped back into his carriage and held the reigns in one hand.

“I guess I’ll see you next time” A dejected expression had touched my face at knowing that I won’t see the sun god in a long time.

“Don’t give me that face, ill visit you often and don’t worry about your mother getting in the way, because she doesn’t scare me” He wore a brave face that was tinged by a gleam in his eyes.

“Goodbye Apollo” I smiled with an exasperated sigh.

“Bye Poppy” He grinned before dashing out into the sky after using my horrid nickname.

I turned around and walked towards the great hall to talk with father about my trip back to mothers.  I stepped through the massive doorway and was greeted with two familiar faces, my fathers and the lord of the dead.  I bowed my head and walked towards father hoping I did not interrupt something important. 

“Persephone! It’s great that you haven’t vanished into your mothers clutches yet” Father is sometimes a little too outspoken.

All I could do was nod and wait for him to speak again but was surprised when Hades had said I looked lovely in the dress I was wearing.

“Thank you” I tried to hide the tint of red that had spread through my face, but unfortunately my father had caught this detail and smiled.

“So, is there something you need, daughter?” He asked with enthusiasm.

“I wanted to know about the plans of my traveling back to mothers” I declared.

Father scowled and looked a bit annoyed “Do you wish to go back so soon?”

“Well, not really but it’s better to face her earlier than later” I frowned with anxiety.

“I propose you stay here for at least a week longer and enjoy the atmosphere of Olympus” Father grinned and jumped down from his throne to hug me to death.

I guess I can’t say no to that” I huffed with the remaining air I had left in my body.

I left after saying my goodbye to Father and to Hades who silently watched the whole scene, not saying a word.  I walked through the gardens for an hour and then returned to my room to think in isolation when Artemis barged inside and started gossiping about the newest love interests of Aphrodite.

“I mean, how can she stand that man when all he talks about is how handsome he is?” She raged with fury.

“I don’t know, maybe because she does the same exact thing” We shared a glance and then rolled on the floor from laughter.

“I swear, the morals of that woman need to be checked” Artemis huffed.

“She is after all the goddess of love, Artemis” I smiled and wished I was that free to be able to do what I wanted, I can only wish.

“I heard you’re staying for the week, we are going to have so much fun” She hip bumped me and jumped on top of my bed.  Artemis had stayed for another hour until she had to go and lift the moon up into the sky.

The rest of the night I had peaceful dreams of a comforting voice that was my constant companion, the voice that took away all my pains and sorrows and let me lean against their strong frame.  After a few nights of that same voice appearing to greet me, I had grown accustomed to welcoming and hoping that voice would never leave and would support me through the rest of my existence.

It had been five days since my father’s declaration and now I only have three more days to relax before my mother’s voice invades my life.  There was going to be another party at Olympus tonight and I can’t wait to see everyone celebrating together again.

FEW HOURS LATER

Artemis AND Aphrodite helped me with my outfit while Athena had showed up in my room and started placing intricate braids on top of my head.  When everything was finished, we all headed inside the great hall to be engulfed with laughter and music once again.  My mother was at the party as well but decided not to insult my appearance which made me feel a bit at ease.  I danced with many different gods and goddesses, and drank just a little too much of ambrosia.  While I was in a dizzy state, I knew there was something missing in the party that I could not pinpoint and all of a sudden, the event had lost its appeal.  I stumbled out of the hall and reached my favorite gardens that seemed to look quite dark and lonely at this time of night.  I sat down on a bench that was made of solid marble and rested my head back to stop the giddiness of my thoughts.  After a few minutes I felt a presence watching from a distance and I looked around to get a sight of the intruder.  There was a dark figure that moved through the shadows and strode forward so that I can see their appearance.  Once the shadows lifted I could see that it was of course the King of the Dead, Hades.  I sat straight up and was about to stand when his voice cut through the night,

“Stay”.

………………………………………………………………………………………

                        I hope you liked it!                                                                 

 ~Kinkmonkey