The Dark Lord

New chapter...hope you enjoy!

...............................................................................

     "Well?"

"Watching the stars?" My reply sounded more like a question then a statement.

He revealed a small smile and said " You know, their are many stories told in the stars".

He looked up into the sky and whispered " And as their are many to be told"

I did not know what to say and the only thing i could do was stand there mesmerized.

"May i have this dance?" He outstretched his hand and waiting for my approval.

After thinking it over for two seconds i finally place my hand over his and at once felt a sudden but sutble shock that ran up my arm.

I looked up in surprise and saw a look of determination set in his eyes.

I was about to pull away but he lightly tugged me toward the great hall where everyone was.

I hestintly followed and was amazed at how many people were staring at him with either fear or awe.

We stopped in the middle of the dancing crowd and slowly we glided around without losing a step.

We did not speak and i tryed to avoid his heavy stare but i could not help myself but stare right back into his smoldering eyes.

Once the dance was finished i turned around and hurridely walked towards Artemis who had finally appeared.

Artemis was looking at me with immense concern and dragged me to a dark corner.

"Do you know who you were dancing with?" Artemis lowered her voice.

"No, I forgot to ask his name" I colored slightly pink and looked at her curiously.

"That was Hades, Lord of the Underworld" She said in a worried voice.

"Oh" I said in a surprised tone.

I should have known that he was from the underworld, after all he was wearing all black and had really pale skin.  Everyone was afraid of Hades because he never came out of the underworld. He was very mysterious and not to mention that he was king of the dead.

"Just stay away from him, he's dangerous" She said pleadingly.

"I won't go looking for him" I joked to lessen the tension.

"Anyways, how was the party without me?" She switched the subject quickly.

"Well my mom showed up and got yelled at by dad" I smiled.

"I wish i could have seen that" She sighed.

"Hey guys!" Hermes laughed.

Hermes walked up to us with Dionysus at his side and was laughing uncontrolably.

"You should listen to this stor-" Hermes was cut off by Artemis who abruptetly yelled at Dionysus" Don't go near me!" She stormed off into the crowd.

Hermes and I were wearing the same expression of surprise when Dionysus explained " She's mad at me because i accidently walked in the room when she was bathing" He rolled his eyes.  

" At least you weren't turned into a stag" Hermes replied amused.

"Thank the gods" Dionysus walked away in a haze telling everyone to party harder.

"Come on, i need to talk to Poesidon" Hermes led me to the other side of the room where Posiedon, Zeus, and Hades were talking quietly.

They all turned our way and spoke in hushed tones.

"Posiedon, I got a message for you" Hermes anounced.

Posiedon and Hermes walked further away to whisper to eachother while i stayed with Zeus and Hades.

Zeus smiled at me and said " Hasn't my daughter become such a beautiful flower?"

"Indeed" Hades replied.

"I must be off to the Underworld" Hades said quickly.

"Must you leave so soon?" Zeus asked 

"I have many dead to attend to" He replied coldly and dissappeared into a dark mist.

"Don't judge Hades too harshly" Zeus looked down at me.

"I won't" I smiled up at him.

The rest of the night went in a blur and finished quickly after everyone left.  For most of the night i was with Artemis, Hermes, and Apollo, and occasionally a few nymphs.  I think the highlight of my night was watching Artemis restrain herself from hurting Dionysus and dancing with Apollo.  The worst of my night was when i spilled a drink on Aphrodite and getting cursed at but that's just a norm in a gods lifestyle...

...........................................................................

I know this is really really short but i tried to bring out some of the characters and i might update more tomorrow... I hope you enjoyed the chapter even though it's short :)

                                                                   -KinkyMonkey