Chapter | 5

As soon as I stepped outside the building, I bounced out of sheer happiness down the sidewalk. People who passed by found my behavior strange, but nothing mattered to me, I was just so happy that I couldn't contain myself. After a while of walking to the bus stop, I got into the vehicle and I started to think about the various things that had happened to me today.

A new job. New people. New colleagues. A new life, a new me. Now I, Jeon Yeo Been, was officially an actress for Pagliuzza.

When I arrived at home, my mom called me.

- Hello, daughter?

- Hi Mom, how are you... - I was interrupted as soon as my voice reached her ears.

- How was today? Did you get the job?

- Yes mom, I got it. - I replied happily while I could hear my mother celebrating on the other end of the phone.

- I'm glad it worked out my daughter, now things will get better.

- Absolutely.

By the brief silence that took over the call, I could remember how difficult it was for my mother to support me.

After my dad left us, she was pretty much left alone since I was just a baby. As I grew up, I started helping her with everything I could, but I know it wasn't an easy time. In addition to all the financial difficulties, I could still hear nasty comments about my mother from all over the place. A lot of people judged her for getting divorced, I even heard people say that she "didn't treat my father right, that's why he dumped her."

Although I didn't remember anything about my father, or their relationship, I was pretty sure that wasn't true. I know she was saddened by the comments, as was I, but I grew up learning that if we gave importance to these lines, the more painful they would be to listen to.

So I believe that like me, she was happy for this opportunity.

- Mom, I'll talk to you later, I have some things to do now.

- Oh, that's right, be fine.

As soon as the call ended, my friend Miri texted me.

[ MIRI - Hey, I'm so glad you won, we'll finally be able to work together, and at Pagliuzza! ]

[ YEO BEEN - I'm really happy too!
ꉂ(ˊᗜˋ )♡ Even though you work behind the camera, I'm glad to see you every day. ]

[ MIRI - Yes! Anyway, do you want to go out to celebrate this afternoon? ]

[ YEO BEEN - Sure, why not? After all, what could go wrong on a day as incredible as today? ]

[ MIRI - Haha, right, I'll meet you at the karaoke restaurant next to the square at 5 pm, okay? ]

[ YEO BEEN - Right, see you later. ]