Chapter 6 - Game Night

[POV]: Mega

Mega collapsed on the couch, breathing heavily. His extreme game of cat and mouse with Zelk had finally taken its toll. As much as he hated to admit it, the game was actually somewhat fun. Nope, I disliked every second of it. What is wrong with me? Nothing about that should've been fun, so what is my problem?

Moments later, Zelk entered the living room and sat down limply on a chair near Mega. He appeared to be equally as exhausted from all the chasing and hiding. The pair caught their breaths, with only the sounds of their inhales and exhales filling the room. Mega draped himself over the couch in a more comfortable position while Zelk awkwardly stared at his hands, trying to recall what he had planned to tell Mega. Eventually, he spoke.

"Skeppy invited me to an Among Us lobby he's hosting and told me to let you know that you're also invited."

Mega normally would've declined, but he was in the mood to annoy someone. He was bored and had nothing better to do.

He's not trolling right? Because if he is I'm going to fu

Zelk had walked behind the couch Mega was lying on as soon as he saw the younger boy reach for his now-familiar black notebook. Zelk had peered over his shoulder, gently stopping Mega before he could finish writing the sentence.

"Whoa, there's no need for that. I checked with everyone else he invited; it should be fine."

Mega hesitantly set his notebook down and sighed in relief. He looked up at Zelk and nodded. For once, he would willingly join one of Skeppy's events.

"Okay, it's going to start in about an hour, so get whatever you need ready!"

Zelk headed toward his room, presumably to check on his setup. Mega, on the other hand, chose to pass the time by taking a nap. Cat-like, he stretched across the couch and dozed off.

Mega awoke to the sound of Zelk's voice.

"Mega? Mega, you need to wake up; it's almost time for the game!"

Despite Zelk's pleas, Mega hadn't moved an inch.

"Mega! I swear I'm going to dump my water bottle on you if you don't get up."

Mega groggily flipped Zelk off. Still, he refused to budge.

"Oh, c'mon Mega. You might be fine with being late, but I'm not! I promise I am more than willing to drench you with this."

Mega sluggishly pulled himself upright, reaching for his phone on the table in front of him. He unlocked it and started typing.

"Do I need to remind you of your furry pajamas? Do anything, and they're getting leaked."

"Wha— No, you have no evidence. You never took a picture. I would've noticed if you did."

The conversation had suddenly become interesting. Mega raised an eyebrow and started scrolling through his photos, more than willing to challenge Zelk's assertion. Typing wasn't the only thing Mega had been doing during the chase; he had also been waiting for the right moment to discreetly snap a picture (for blackmail purposes, naturally).

He found the photo and proudly showed it to Zelk, who was then at a complete loss for words.

"Oh."

Thoroughly satisfied with himself, Mega got up to grab his notepad. Continuing to have his phone speak for him might have jeopardized how serious he'd be taken.

I would put my phone away if I were you.

Zelk turned his phone off and let his arm hang limply at his side, defeated. Mega didn't realize at the time, but Zelk was already planning his revenge—revenge that would come in the form of "unintentional" targeting.

On their respective devices at last, Mega and Zelk launched Discord to check in with the group, then opened Among Us. And, of course, Mega would play muted. He would have to rely on the in-game chat.

The other content creators who would be playing, along with Skeppy, included Bad, Vurb, F1nn, TapL, Techno, and Spifey. It was only a 9-person lobby, but none of its participants were particularly experienced, so one missing player wouldn't noticeably affect the gameplay. Besides, no one else had accepted the invite. It wasn't that they didn't trust Skeppy; it was just that they really did not trust Skeppy.

Skeppy organized a call, and Techno was the first to join. He was soon followed by TapL, F1nn, Zelk, and Bad.

Mega was double-, and then triple-checking his Discord mic settings—a paranoid habit he had developed to ensure he would never accidentally unmute himself. Once certain everything still looked correct, he joined the call. Coincidentally, Spifey had joined at nearly the exact same time.

A jumble of voices instantly engulfed Mega.

"...know what Vurb is doing?"

"Oh, hey Mega!"

"Wow Skeppy, you actually got him in somehow. What'd you bribe him with?"

"Yo, Spifey's here too!"

Too much noise...

Mega

calm down, im going to get a headache from all this shouting

BadBoyHalo

Sorry Mega D:

skeppy

sryy

Mega found himself oddly comforted by the fact that Skeppy and Bad had switched to the chat to respond to him, despite being perfectly capable of verbally communicating, which would've undoubtedly been more convenient for them. Mega hadn't actually expected anyone to listen to him.

"Is Vurb coming or not?"

As if on cue, Vurb joined the call. Spifey had hardly gotten the question out of his mouth.

"Yooo what's up guys?"

"Took you long enough. What were you up to?"

"Looking at toe pics. Duh."

No one fully believed that was the real reason, but a small part of each of their brains definitely didn't fully doubt it either. Regardless of the truth, though, the answer Vurb had provided was enough to prevent further inquiries.

Mega

please start before i lose my last brain cell

"Hold on, you have a brain cell?"

The question came from Zelk.

Mega

the picture, Zelk... don't make me.

"Okay, okay, I take it back! Sorry!"

As Mega had anticipated, the interaction didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the group.

"Zelk? What picture?"

"Huh?"

Behind his screen, Zelk flushed pink, sinking down a little into his chair. He quickly changed the topic, clumsily dodging any questions.

"It's nothing. Since everyone's here now, let's start!"

Mega closed the chat and smiled. This will be fun.

[A/N]:

Yes, hello, I've finally uploaded. I've resorted to writing on the bus (which has been surprisingly productive, thankfully).

As usual, shoutout time, because I'm incredibly grateful for the people putting up with my... questionable "schedule". Welcome to the shoutout section AllanaAnime247 and Fandom108! And welcome back Starr4f1ffo—for the millionth and most likely not last time :]