His version of events

Brown

25 December

I’m pretty sure I am one of the most hated men in the world now. Who would ever forgive a man that molests a poor, young, innocent little girl? I myself hated that version of me.

She reminded me of my sister. Not in a creepy way but still she managed to move me deep down inside. Her bright smile, her soft voice and her bouncy footsteps that make her looked weightless. I felt a sharp ache in my heart when I first look at her.

Nowadays when I look at myself in the mirror, I am terrified of how much my reflection reminded myself of my father. I can feel the blood trickling on my hands solely because I am part of the Brown family.

For so many years, I hated my father for I thought he killed my sister. But now I realised, I am no better than my father. I am the evil accomplice, trying to persuade everyone including myself that I am innocent.

I am not.

That was my first time dressing up as Santa, with the hope of helping little girls reach the dreams so far away like distant stars.

That night, something miraculous happened.

I think the real Santa has decided to give me a second chance to life, to truly live, to redeem myself. This time I am not being selfish. This time I am using my hands to truly help someone.

That little girl.