Sam

One by one, they filed out of school and formed groups. It was eerily quiet outside- there were no moving cars or buses or anything.
"Maya!"
She turned around. Caine and Diana walked towards her.
"So, do you think they bought it?"
Caine smirked at her with a sharklike resemblence.
Maya frowned. What on earth were they talking about?
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
Caine's smile turned into a frown.Diana chuckled and nudged Caine. "Why don't you enlighten her about our plan, genius?"
When Caine didn't answer, Diana started. " Basically,you know that nurse in Coates?"
" Yeah, Nurse Temple." Maya wondered why Diana was asking her this. Everyone knew Nurse Temple.
"Well, we've found something about her. In Perdido Beach."
Oh. So this was the plan. To drag everyone down the the beach then-

Then what?

"Ok Diana, I get that. But what the hell are we going to do after we get to the beach?"
Suddenly Caine started speaking again. "Easy. We take over the beach."
Take over the beach. That simple?
"Wait a sec Caine." Maya cut through Caine's talking. " How do you expect US to just waltz in there and take over the entire beach? I mean, they're not useless. They may be without, like, a mayor or something, but they do have strong kids down there. Besides, apart from you, Diana and me, we neeed more people."
"You have me."
A voice came from behind Diana. She stepped aside and the quiet, shaggy haired boy from Maya's class stepped forwards. Drake Merwin.
"Precisely. We have enough people, Maya. Stronger than the Perdido beach kids."

If only strength was that simple. Then Sam came along.