Chapter 17: Mission and Going Home

- Minato's POV -

It was nightfall when I decided to stop and camp with itachi it will be by tomorrow I estimated before we rich the boarder of Land of Earth where my mission lies.

"Itachi, let's camp here near the river and eat dinner by tomorrow evening I'll be good enough to do the solo mission and you can go home earlier than me." I mentioned.

"Hai, sensei." he replied.

We set out a mini camp for us to rest. I was excited to eat this bento box Erin prepared for me.

I opened the bento box and I was amazed since she do not have enough knowledge in cooking.

I was about to open the bento box when I notice a note.

Minato,

I tried to cook so that you can have a dinner at least I followed the recipe on the magazine. Please be safe and do not forget to take care of yourself, I need you and I'll be waiting for you at the gate when you come back.

P.S. I packed some of your favorite chocolate on your bag. Can't wait to celebrate your birthday. Anata.

Love,
E.N.

The letter felt full of love I kept the letter on my jounin jacket close to my chest. I wonder what she's doing right now. I ate the bento box with a huge smile like an idiot but I don't care it was so delicious I can't have enough of it.

I happened to glance on Itachi he too is eating the bento box Erin gave her. He was smiling too this was rare to see. We both look weird enough. After that I rested and spend the night lying under the stars it was magnificent I wish Erin is here.

---------------------------------------------------

- Itachi's POV -

I went to open the bento box Erin made for me. When I saw a small note on it.

Hi,

Thank you for your service. I apologize if this isn't much but it's worth the try and I appreciate you helping Minato. Please stay safe and healthy.

P.S. I hope you like dangos. Smile

From,
E.N.

"Hn" I muttered and ate the food while smiling I happened to take a glance to my desert separated on my dinner. How does she know I like dangos? Well just my luck.

Morning came, sensei and I started our journey as early as we can. By nightfall sensei advise it's time for me to head back home he will be doing the mission on his own.

"Take care sensei." I waved goodbye.

"Will do, someone is waiting for me at the village." he smiled.

And then I started to walk back home.

---------- Time Skip ----------------

It was Saturday and night is finally coming I wanted to go home and see Erin. It has been 4 days. I was able to stumble a flower garden near the village so I picked 3 white roses. "Erin would love this" I thought.

I was near the gate on the left side right side I saw Izumi smiling and waving. on the right side of the gate 2 figures are appearing. My eyes widened it was Erin and Shisui. My face automatically smiles when my eyes landed on Erin's perfect face.

Izumi tried to hug me but I stopped her politely I heard her say "Welcome Home Love" I just answered a cold "Thanks" and walk directly to Erin and shisui.

Immediately she bowed at me.

"I'm happy you were home safely." Erin said.

I handed the 3 white roses to her and she accepted it with a sweet smile.

"Thank you for the bento box and dangos it was delicious." I smiled at her

"Welcome Home Itachi." she said while smiling eyes close and holding the flowers I gave her. My world slow down as I memorize the beautiful view infront of me. Her voice sounds make me crave for more. I was happy to go home.

My face is getting red she was too amazing. We are caught off guard when suddenly Erin falls down due to someone pushed her.

"IZUMI! that's absurb!" I hear shisui shouted.

"What does that bitch have that I don't have. She was not even one of us! You barely know her! I swear I know that whore came from another country as a rented girl! Why can't you just die and be gone you -----" I did not make her finished her sentence. "You're full of yourself! This is why I can't love you back because of your nonsense. You hurt her." I shouted on the top of my lungs, I was so angry.

I saw on the corner of my eyes shisui is assisting erin to stand up. I felt her gentle touch on my arms.

"Itachi, no please don't fight I'm sorry. Maybe she was just confused and she didn't mean what she said." I heard her say in a soft voice. I calmed down instantly.

---------------------------------------------------

- Izumi's POV-

I waited for itachi from morning till night. I was so excited for him to get home his father has a great news. A wedding for me and itachi will take place in 2 months, he needed to marry me because he will be the one inheriting to be the clan leader.

I saw him near, I was about to hug him tight but he refuses. And went to Erin directly. Jealousy, hatred, anger and envy is what I felt after I saw Itachi handing her 3 pieces of flowers. I pushed her out of nowhere and shouted mean things about her that isn't true.

I was about to slap her in the face but itachi caught my hand and shisui griped my arm.

"Stop it Izumi we won't let you hurt her." shisui said in a low tone but with venom.

I slap their hands and demanded to let go off me then I ran home crying with a broken heart.

I promised to my self she will pay for this!
-------------------------------------------------------

- Erin's POV -

"Gomen, itachi, shisui I didn't mean to make her angry." my heart ache Izumi is right I don't deserve to be in this village I was being selfish. The corner of my eyes became itchy my tears came falling down I din't even notice.

I don't want them to see me crying, I'm so stupid.

"Please go after her, for me. I better get going." I said between the sobs. Then I turned around and run as fast as I can.

I arrived at my apartment and stop on Minato's door. "I missed you, I wish your here I felt lonely." I cried like ang idiot outside his apartment after few minutes I decided to take a shower and start fixing my self so I can work tonight I needed the money I need to buy a cake for Minato 2 more days and he's home. 

----------------------Time Skip -------------------

- Itachi's POV-

Shisui and I went after Erin. I'm still worried about her. I felt shisui's hand on my shoulder.

"Let us leave her alone. Let's go home and then we take a shower we are going somewhere tomorrow night to see Erin." He smiled. We made sure that she was home safe and then we went home.

"Itachi you should wear casual. Do not wear any uniform or your haita-ate were going to a bar." Shisui said. I raised my left eyebrow and ask "why?" Shisui replied and said to trust him.

I put on a simple plain black shirt and black pants. I added a simple grey jacket.
While shisui wears a simple grey shirt and black pants.

And we went on our way. Thank God I got a good sleep after what happened.

Something doesn't feel right.