Chapter 8

A/N: words in italics are spoken in russian.
________________
The students dumped their bags beside their beds before taking off to the forest, accompanied by Mr Scott.
Tom approached a figure sitting on the ground on the edge of the lake. The others were far behind, talking and joking among themselves." It was time, Tom," Cub said, not looking at his friend." So, it's really you," Tom stated. He hadn't been completely sure Cub was Alex." No it's James Bond in person," Cub replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Tom rolled his eyes." Try to not blow my cover, okay?" Cub said.
"Of course. I'm not stupid."
"You sure of that?"
"Oh, shut up," Tom said, punching his friend playfully on the arm. "You're lucky the others haven't seen or met Ben before, or the hair dye and contacts would have been of no use," Tom said."  I know," Alex agreed.
Merely two seconds later, the sound of students and teacher talking were heard. Cub stood up and walked to the nearest tree before climbing it up." What are you doing here alone, Tom?" James asked. James Hale was one of the very few students at school who didn't believe the rumours about Alex. All the other students arriving and making much noise saved Tom from answering.The girls were chatting among themselves while the boys and the teacher were joking together. Tom and James joined the boys and Mr Scott. The latter was appreciated by all the students at Brookland. He was not severe and talked and joked with the students as if they were his friends, though he did not appreciate the rumors about Alex. Hearing the girls talking about how hot and muscular Cub was again, Samuel became angry. "That Cub guy will steal us our girlfriends," he said, attracting the attentions of the other boys and Mr Scott." Yeah," there were several nods of agreements. Mr Scott was clearly amused," Come on boys, he won't date all nineteen girls."
"That guy is familiar," one of the boys said thoughtfully." He looks like Alex, actually," this time, it was James who talked. "Yes, but it can't be Alex. Alex is blond, and his eyes are brown. And that guy looks older. Also, Alex is a druggie while that guy is a soldier. And a spy, if the sergeant was telling the truth," Samuel reasoned." Boys, what did I say? It's not nice to call Alex a druggie," Mr Scott said. From his position in the tree  just above Mr Scott, Cub smiled. He was happy to know Mr Scott did not believe him to be a druggie, unlike various other teachers. "Alex is actually as hot as Cub,"one of the girls said. She and her friends had stopped talking when they had heard the boys talking abou Cub. "Yeah, you guys are just jealous," another girl added.
Before the guys could reply, they heard a tune , recognising it as a ringing tone. All looked up, detecting the source of the sound. "Shit," Alex got his phone out of his pocket. Meanwhile, among the 19 girls, 20 boys and the teacher, most had surprised looks and while some of the girls had embarassed looks on their faces for finding out one of the persons they had been talking about was right above them, leaning against the stem of the tree, standing on a solid-looking branch.
Alex answered the phone and waited for the person on the other line to speak first. "Alexei?" Alex recognised the accented voice as Kavanagh's. Alex and Ben had been undercover on a mission, with Alex posing as Alexei Vlayden, a 19 year old who had joined criminals after his family's death and Ben as Nikolei Karkarof. Their mission had been to join Blackhawk, a terrorist organisation and to gain their trust before finding out and destroy their plans. Carlos Kavanagh became the new leader after the old one's death. They still hadn't figured out it was two of their (supposed) own who had taken them down once before they rose again. Alex had kept in contact with them to obtain information.
"I was wondering when you would call," Alex replied, jumping off the branch which was about 2-3 metres from the ground. He completely ignored the others, walked past them and began pacing at the edge of the lake. They talked for another 10 minutes before hanging up. Of course, none of them feared of being overheard; their lines were well-secured.  Alex was informed about the new objective and was told to be present along with Ben in four days at Blackhawk's headquarters. He was given the address which he easily memorized. Alex was surprised at how they trusted him so much to tell him something as important as that.
But Alex and Ben wouldn't be present at the meeting. Other MI6 agents would be. To take them down. For good.