Chapter 15

"What?" Alex asked. But Yassen was already out of the room and seconds later, Alex heard the too well-secured front door open and close, leaving him confused.

On his way to the back to the warehouse, Yassen suddenly got the feeling he was being observed. Looking around and finding no one, he mentally shrugged the feeling off. Maybe he was getting too paranoid. After all, if SCORPIA found out he had found the MI6 agent and hid him, there would be consequences. And severe ones at that since the agent was Alex Rider.
But he didn't have to worry. The modified weapons were arriving the next day, and Alex would leave.

***

Alex locked his thoughts about Ian in a corner of his mind and went to a window, inspected the metal bars. He waited some more minutes to make sure Yassen wouldn't be around the area, before removing his earing and placing it on a flat part of the metal. He chose to explode the window rather than the front door, which he had noticed was the only door, as it was less solid. Alex backed away from the window, and seconds later, as he expected, the black earing exploded, creating a large hole in the bars and breaking a part of the window. He climbed out and looked around. As he had noticed at first, the area was deserted. No one was around and there was no vehicle on the road.
Alex had no idea where he was, and he knew if there was a map in the house, it would be in the office, which Yassen had locked. So he walked along the road, hoping to find a clue as to where he was.
As he was walking, Alex heard a small noise. One he knew he wouldn't have heard, had there been any noise. He turned around, and saw someone he hadn't expected to see again that soon.
"I'll catch you off-guard one day," Ben promised.

***
Not long after he called did Dean take the call.
" Is everyone in place?"
"Yes, sir. The products will arrive in about one and a half hour," Dean replied.
"Good. Make sure Mr Gregorovich doesn't suspect anything. As soon as those products arrive, attack. "
"Understood, sir."
"Good." With that, the leader of Blackhawk, Carlos Kavanagh hung up.
Blackhawk's headquarters had been attacked by the SAS during a meeting three days before. A meeting which only a few persons were informed of. And among those persons, two had been absent that day.
Alexei Vlayden and Nikolei Karkarof. The same two persons he had so blindly trusted. This mistake had cost the lives of many of the board members of Blackhawk. Only three persons out of ten had gotten away. The others had been captured, but Kavanagh knew they died (suicided) not long after.
They had to move headquarters and had to find new recruits since they had lost quite a number of men that day.
It had been difficult to get more information about Alexei and Nikolei, but not impossible.
When the current operation would end, Alex Rider and Ben Daniels would be taken care of.