Chapter Two (Dee)

Siah is one delicate soul, wanting nothing but to hide alone in the shadows. I just don't get it. Why is she so nice? Why is she so awkward? I see myself as her protector, protecting her since we were kids. Mostly, I was the one who had taken all the hits and neglect.

 I was the one who kept her sanity and became her friend. I was the one that was there for her, NOBODY ELSE! Yeah, I'm a little possessive of her, but who wouldn't. Siah was weak, whether she admitted it or not.

 Sometimes I think about the extreme fondness I have for her. I should hate her! The disdain I should feel for this fragile woman is just not there. Because, the reality is that without her, there is no me.

 Thinking all these thoughts, I look around her home, noticing the very plain interior. I love this woman, but I abhor her sense of style and lack of creativity. 

*Sigh*

 I look down at myself noticing the dingy undergarments I have on and the lack of nothing else but. Choosing to move on from her lack of everything from her wardrobe to her furniture choices, I get out of the bed, walking straight towards the mirror in the bathroom.

 With a light-brown complexion and curly auburn hair, with some of the prettiest hazelnut eyes, I've ever seen. I'll admit, Siah is a very attractive girl. I shake my head, now focusing on me. Siah had called me Dee since we were kids.

 I don't have a last name nor do I want one. Since I was a kid, I tended to lash out at things that made me angry. I had anger issues, I still do.

 However, I won't get help, because the moment I do, someone is going to try to take me away from Siah. I've been protecting her for so long that I can't bear the fact that one day I will be gone. One day, I won't be able to protect her anymore.

 Sure, she's twenty-one now, and I'm only eighteen, but I had replaced her mother, making me her mother figure. After Reece died, her mother Katrina wasn't the only one who had changed for the worse. My anger had changed to something else.

 Something more hostile, more treacherous, and that was rage. This rage was skin-deep. I imagined that it was in every living organ I had. I couldn't control it anymore, this rage was beyond me.

 The one person that I care most deeply for, doesn't even know what I'd do for them, what I have done for them. I love her so much, I would do anything to protect her, even if it means killing someone. Even if it means ridding the earth of one useless being.

 Because that's me, and I loathe anyone who thinks they can try to take this part of me. It's not going anywhere. Not now, not ever. Leaving the bathroom, I start walking towards Siah's dresser. 

The first thing I notice is a blue jean collar shirt and a pair of black jeans lying on the dresser. Deciding not to be picky today, I pick them up and put them on. I know I didn't wash, but it's fine, nobody will notice anyway.

 A soft whine brings me out of my thoughts. Following the noise, I noticed a small little door on the front door. I pushed lightly against it but noticed it wasn't budging.

 I decided to give it one last push and out of nowhere a small dog comes running, almost as if it was running from something.

 Did Siah get a dog? I know I haven't been here in a while, but she could have at least left me a note or something, letting me know how to take care of this mutt!