Takumi vs the Flu

Takumi heard the normal 4:45 alarm go off, yawning and stretching to hit it so the alarm would go off. He sat up pulling on his jacket knowing how cold it was outside. He got up shuffling downstairs. His father Bunta was already waiting for him outside. His cigarette lighting up his face.

"Here kid." Bunta said giving him the cup. "It's slick out. Sense it's been raining. So be careful."

"Yeah I know." Takumi said taking the cup of water and setting it in the cup holder.

Takumi took off down the road moments later.

Takumi drove his normal way. Bored and out of it as he watched the paper cup even though at this point he didn't need to watch it.

"So boring." Takumi said as he left the last hotel on his way home. On his way home he started to feel rather tired then normal. It's not like he hadn't woken up early and done this before. "Ugh-" Takumi frowned and began speeding up around corners cause he wanted to go home and go back to bed. The sun was rising. Not that you could tell cause of the clouds that covered the sky. The rain got heavier and the road became more slick.

"Gosh I don't feel well." Takumi said as he raised a hand to his face. "I'm warm that's not a good sign." He said finally making it back home. He turned the car off and made his way back in going right up to bed.

It seemed like a blink of the eye but Takumi ended up sleeping for 5 hours. What woke him up was his father calling his name.

"Takumi get down here you have a visitor!" He snapped harshly. Takumi groaned aloud and marched his way down stairs and saw Ryosuke.

"Ryosuke?" Takumi questioned confused to why he was there in his house.

"We had a practice planned today. You didn't show up?" Ryosuke asked lighting a cigarette and leaning his body back.

"Yeah. About that. I think I'm coming down with something. My head is buzzing and my stomach is seemingly in knots. I think it's the flu..."

"You think?" Ryosuke asked his eyes widened. He walked over and touched Takumis head. "Yeah I'd say you came down with the flu. Go back up to your bed. I'll be getting something ready. If you don't mind Mr. Fujiwara?"

"Don't mind at all." Bunta said leaving and going back to the living room.

Takumi rolled his eyes about how his father is used to making outsiders feel at home. Takumi walked upstairs sitting on his bed his fingers rubbing the sides of his head by his temples.

About 10 or so minutes later Takumi saw Ryosuke come up with some tofu soup.

"You think you can keep it down?" Ryosuke said handing him the bowl.

"Yeah I'm fine. I've been sick before." Takumi chuckled as he ate the food. "My stomach is really making me wonder if I can keep it down."

Just as Takumi started to speak his stomach started to make some strange noises which only make Takumi embarrassed and make no eye contact. Ryosuke thought it was quite funny and looked away trying to keep a straight neutral face so Takumi wouldn't be too embarrassed.

"Sorry about the noises. It's been doing that sense I feel asleep."

"I don't mind it." Ryosuke said and stood up. "I'll be back with tea."

Takumi only nodded and set down the soup that tasted so bad; Takumi wanted to throw up. "He doesn't know how to cook." He mumbled covering his mouth and reached for the basin Incase. Takumi closed his eyes his hand holding his stomach as he suppressed a gag.

"I'm back- oh Takumi are you ok?" Ryosuke said taking long strides over to him. He set the tea down and started to rub Takumis back.

"Yeah yeah. My belly just. Isn't agreeing with the food." He lied but he did feel like his stomach wasn't agreeing with something.

Ryosuke only nodded. "Keisuke was also worried about you. It's why I drove here. Truth be told I didn't know you lived in such a small house."

"Well-" Takumi paused this time throwing up what ever he had just eaten.

Ryosuke's eyes went wide and he only rubbed Takumis back. Takumi heaved a few more times before sitting back. Ryosuke moved away for a moment. "You finished?"

"I think so-" Takumi looked away feeling a wave of embarrassment cross over him.

Ryosuke grabbed the trash and left coming back with a napkin and a rag. He wiped Takumis face off and then placed the cold rag over his forehead. Takumi didn't care much for the rag as he did for Ryosukes hands that were colder.

Takumi gave a relived sign as he felt Ryosuke position the rag on his forehead as he leaned back. "Sorry you had to see that."

"Don't talk. Just rest." Ryosuke said his hands sliding down to Takumis stomach. His hands going into his shirt gently rubbing Takumis sweaty skin.

Takumi just let it happen. He felt his cold fingers across his belly which made Takumi even more grateful that Ryosuke was there to help him.