1 • TOXIC

"Megumi, I'm sorry, but what in the name of Britney Spears do you mean you didn't find that crusty musty finger?" you questioned, your feet propped up on your couch, phone pressed to your ear

"I said what I said," Megumi retorted, with an irritated sigh. "It's not there. I tried to tell Gojo, but that idiot didn't seem to care in the slightest."

"... ok, and? You're telling me this because? I was in the middle of watching RuPaul's Drag Race," you drawled, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean come and help me!" Megumi snapped, causing you to pull away from your device, out of fear of your eardrums bursting.

"Why?! Gojo sent you to do it! I'm perfectly comfortable to sit here and—"

"Stop being stubborn and come over here! I'll send you the location!"

"Bitch, you know that my back goes out more than I do!"

"I could care less about your scoliosis!"

"Megumi! You unfeeling little fuck—!"

"Get over here! Now!" and with that, your teammate hung up.

You stared at the screen of your phone, before pressing your hand to your forehead, and letting out a miserable sigh. "Why can't I have nice things?"

After pulling on some mildly acceptable clothing, you made your way over to where Megumi was at the current moment; Sugisawa High, a school in the area. You had been there once before, and it hadn't impressed you that much, but then again, nothing really did anymore.

Strolling past the track field, you glanced around at the multitude of students, chattering away. Your gaze wandered upwards, to see a curse, perched on top of the football field, and winced slightly, as it let out disgusting noises.

You envied those who couldn't see them.

However, your attention was drawn elsewhere, when you saw Megumi making his way towards you, his eyebrows furrowed. You couldn’t help but heat up at his appearance, Megumi really had no clue how attractive he could be when he actually tried.

"Megumi!" you gave him a grin, "Well, haven't you got a nice outfit on! You sure you won't agree to my long standing marriage offer?"

"That was a year ago, how do you still remember that?" Megumi asked, staring at you as if you were out of your mind. "Anyway — we've got no time to loose. I felt the presence of a cursed object in the backpack of a school boy. His name is Itadori Yuji, and he's a student at this school."

"So... what's your point? Should we wait until tomorrow, so we can question him, or...?" you trailed off, analysing your partner's face, then gave him a deadpan expression, "You're gonna stalk him, aren't you?"

"It's not stalking," Megumi folded his arms defensively, "and this is really important, (Y/n). And we might've been able to get him sooner, if someone," he shot you a look, "hadn't got here late."

"Megumi, if this was a race, then I don't see your fucking ferrari," you retorted, placing your hands on your hips.

The boy grumbled to himself, "Pack up your sass, and let's get back to the school to change. Things might get rough."

"Huh?! You fucker! I just got here!"

So, you had to go all the way back. As you made your way towards Jujutsu Tech, you didn’t make conversation with Megumi — both of you knew each other well enough to discern that talking wasn't either of your strong points.

Megumi and you were good friends, but you were even better fighting partners. You played off each other really well, seemingly knowing what was on the other's mind all the time, and your connection was what mostly convinced Gojo to teach you. You three made a very rough trio, with Megumi acting as the concerned father, whenever you and your teacher would do something stupid.

Speaking of Gojo, that man was... difficult.

You thought you were mentally unstable, but this guy brought a whole new meaning to the term. What pissed you off even more was that he was the best sorcerer is the world, and his pride was justified because of that.

Nevertheless, you two bonded quickly, creating uncomfortable situations for the higher ups together.

"Are you done?" you complained, from outside Megumi's room.

"Almost," he called back, "Are you done?"

"Bitch, I'm not changing my clothes to go in my school outfit! I look good in this shirt," you snorted, flipping some imaginary hair.

The door opened behind you, and Megumi gave you a tired glare, "Fine. I'm done now. Heard anything from Gojo-sensei?"

"Listen, let's not go there," you held up a hand, "because my phone is not calibrated for that kind of GPS navigation."

Your partner shook his head, and shoved one of his hands into his pockets. "Thought so. Whatever, let's go, before something happens," he made his way towards the exit, holding his phone. "He's at the hospital."

"You are the biggest fucking stalker I've ever met."

"I'm not a stalker, it's business."

"There's a thing called... asking, you know? Polite questioning? And if you didn't know about that then..."

"Then what?"

"Then I hope you're enjoying your rental agreement with Patrick Star, how's the underside of that rock—"